Blachowicz lost a UFC fight to Pat Cummins

I used to think Jan was a can. Back when he lost to Gus. He’s obviously had a resurgence, and is a beast.

That was before he fixed his wrestling and changed his game. He also does way better in rematches. Ask Soko, Manuwa and Corey

Jesus- again, worst fans ever. Thst was then, this is now. I think its safe to say that the guy we see now is a totally different fighter ....... and this guys power has gotten downright scary.

That fight should have been a draw. Jan nearly finished Cummins like 5 times in the first and depleted his whole gas tank.

blew his wad, if you will.

From what I recall, Cummins was getting fucked up quite a bit, but ground this out with his wrestling.

iu

Błachowicz had to adapt to the element of heavy ass wrestling prevalent in American MMA, I think.

Plenty of fighters in Europe got kinda shocked by it in their first performances in UFC.

But it's safe to say he adjusted pretty well.

You have to give Cummins props too.

Basically called to UFC from his barista job, in his middle 30-ies, nevertheless was able to compete at very solid level.

He was piecing Gus up on the feet and boxing his ears off. Gus had to wrestle him to win that

"piecing up" "was boxing his ears off" = lands few decent or grazing punches in the first round and then loses every round.

What people really should remember from that fight is how easily Gus took him down in every round (4/5), and how Jan had nothing to offer from his back even though Gus has a very mediocre ground game. Anyone who believes Jan has a good chance against Jones should watch that fight.

It was obvious the guy had championship potential from the very moment he got into the UFC. Crazy ambidexterity in both legs and and arms.

His number 1 issue was his jiu-jitsu style which was old-school Gracie (closed guard, go for triangles and arm bars, dont bother trying to get up) and number 2 issue was lack of takedown defence.

His striking was sublime from the moment he got into the UFC.

"piecing up" "was boxing his ears off" = lands few decent or grazing punches in the first round and then loses every round.

What people really should remember from that fight is how easily Gus took him down in every round (4/5), and how Jan had nothing to offer from his back even though Gus has a very mediocre ground game. Anyone who believes Jan has a good chance against Jones should watch that fight.

No he didn't he landed much more than that. He completely outclassed Gus on the feet

And you should watch Jan's fights with Corey. 1 and 2. His TDD, defensive wrestling, distance management, footwork all improved a ton

He would fold Gus in a rematch too BTW

No he didn't he landed much more than that. He completely outclassed Gus on the feet

I have watched the fight in slow motion and know every strike that landed, and Gus landed the best strike of the fight on the feet in round 3. A lot of Jan's punches in the first round were only grazing shots. One of the most misrepresented fights ever.

And you should watch Jan's fights with Corey. 1 and 2. His TDD, defensive wrestling, distance management, footwork all improved a ton

He would fold Gus in a rematch too BTW

Maybe, because Gus is terrible now, but Jan is not better now at 37 than he was then. Gus fought 4 years younger fighter with less mileage, but still a 19-5 record and almost 10 years pro MMA experience. Don't even try to suggest that was "green Jan", it would be laughable.

Jan has only won two fights from march 2013 to october 2017,how crazy is that?
Izzy has won 9 fights in two and a half years

Fighters can get better. That's actually the reason why they train.

Stipe lost to Struve
Anderson lost to Takase
GSP lost to Serra

It happens

Back