Is Fang Bian one of the few who could dethrone Adesanya?

SandaKicker

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

The guy has a kickboxing record of 60-0. He also has a background in Sanda so would likely out wrestle Adesanya.

The talent in the UFC middleweight division is looking weak.

They might need do make some new signings to make the division interesting and competitive.

Bian has been inactive for a couple of years But he’s a prize fighter. I’m sure he could be enticed with the right offer.

Yeah mate, member back when he beat Blood Diamond Mike? corr, this guy needs to be offered PPV points and get that title shot ASAP

Yeah mate, member back when he beat Blood Diamond Mike? corr, this guy needs to be offered PPV points and get that title shot ASAP

Who is blood diamond mike?

Are you saying Bian has a padded record?

I'm playing around - he's beaten some names but he's late 30's and not an mma fighter

He also has a background in Sanda so would likely out wrestle Adesanya.

giphy.gif

The guy has a kickboxing record of 60-0. He also has a background in Sanda so would likely out wrestle Adesanya.

The talent in the UFC middleweight division is looking weak.

They might need do make some new signings to make the division interesting and competitive.

Bian has been inactive for a couple of years But he’s a prize fighter. I’m sure he could be enticed with the right offer.

Cung Le had a Sanda background but couldn't out wrestle anybody.

He outwrestled loads of guys with his
intention to keep the fight standing.

Nobody ever took him down and subbed him.

Maybe bingo hall fighters in Elite XC, nobody that i remember in the UFC

Maybe bingo hall fighters in Elite XC, nobody that i remember in the UFC

He fought a disproportionate amount of strikers so it’s hard to gauge how good his standing grappling was.

That said the Fedor vs Big nog 3 gameplan is a viable one in MMA.

And elite Sanda fighters are trained in standing grappling to a high level.

He fought a disproportionate amount of strikers so it’s hard to gauge how good his standing grappling was.

That said the Fedor vs Big nog 3 gameplan is a viable one in MMA.

And elite Sanda fighters are trained in standing grappling to a high level.

I don't think it translates to elite MMA at all, unless its a side thing to a guy who has elite wrestling.

If it did we would see a top Sanda fighter in a strong division and we never have.

I’m not sure what you mean?

Every Chimaev thread there’s someone saying “I hope the UFC push him at 185 because 170 is stacked”.
If at all, i saw people push into the other direction (me too) - they want Chimaev to stay at 170 because he makes weight without issues but is still a big guy there.

Back