Be real with yourself, Costa didn’t show up...

MMAMAX

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I don’t want to hear shit about how Izzy shut out Costa’s game with his elite striking skills.

Where was the relentless pressure from Costa? Yeah, we are aware that Izzy will counter when you come in... but fucking take one to give one, ye? Don’t just stay on the outside like a point fighter when you ain’t one.

Costa didn’t put it on the line... plain and simple. This fight wasn’t a fucking counter-striking bloodbath where every time Costa tried to come in he was getting wrecked. He didn’t attempt it often enough. He was trying to play the patient game and it flopped.

Wack from Costa. Shit the bed.

The first round was ok but costa got kicked in the head. Plus issy has some weird thing going on with his knuckles. He doesn't look like he's strong or even punches hard, like Costas head didn't even move when he got hit but it dazed him

Attachments

• ERyDkYrW4AY4BNJ.jpeg
    ERyDkYrW4AY4BNJ.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 15
He did but as much as Izzy calls him dumb. Costa knew it would be dumb to charge after eating the first shot, found out that Izzy had deceptive power.
He was smart too, taunting and playing a story as if Izzy is running away.
It's very hard to pressure a counter striker with a good reach advantage over you.

I said Izzy would make easy work of him and he did it easier than even I thought.
Costa is a muscled up brawler that was inexperienced, amazing any one thought he would win outside of landing one big shot

I saw Costa get totally confused with izzy in front... Dude literally froze, only thing he could think of was some dumb taunting.

Izzy was too fast, too precise, and his timing was great. Dude was on point. Costa had no idea what the fuck to do...

It was Gustafsson in his rematch with Jones level bad. Didnt show up at all. Is Adesanya that intimidating? Is Costa that mentally weak? Say what you will but the better man won tonight and it was the one who came to engage.

Nah he just found out what elite striking is and not brawling. He was never that good or my friend.
he didnt even try brawling. he didnt do anything

he completely froze up under the pressure. its not that Izzys counter striking was that good. its that Costa froze under the immense pressure of the moment. He talked a huge game, realize the huge consequences of the moment, and froze. all the taunting was not the convince Izzy he was confident, but to try and convince himself. he was scared shitless, gave Izzy too much respect, and paid the price.

Costa had a "holy shit I can not believe I am here, I didnt think this would actually happen omg I dont deserve to be here" moment and abandoned what made him get to that moment.

The fighter i was rotting for lost, not because the oponnent was better, but because he didn't show up- every sherdog post after an unlikeable guy wins the fight

Dude... watch the fight. If you think Costa went after it, what am I supposed to say to that? He didn’t do anything. He sat on the outside and got picked off.

He was too afraid of getting countered to take a risk. He froze and shit the bed.

Not taking anything away from Izzy tonight, he had a great show of his skills.
But, he really did just fight a glorified punching bag in there tonight. The guy in there wasn’t the same Costa that we’ve watched. This wasn’t some strategic dismantling. He literally had no opposition in there tonight, the guy stuck his tongue out more times than he threw a punch.

And the only who needs to feel any sort of embarrassment tonight is Paulo Costa. He shit the bed HARD.

Last edited:
I didn't mean to say he was trying to brawl, I meant to say he's primarily a brawler that got shut down by an elite technical striker. Costa showed up, he just got shut down hard. It's like a striker that gets taken down by a wrestler/BJJ guy and being unable to do anything about it.

Costa showed up..... Israel is on a few different levels striking-wise and it showed.

Costa needs to fight Kelvin/Till next.. or maybe take another fight with a punching bag.

There wasn’t anything to keep at bay. If there was, Costa’s face would’ve looked more tagged up then it was.

This idea that you can never get it on a counter-striker is poop.
Jabs and israel destroyed his leg, what did you want, costa to just rush forward? I don't think you understand how styles make fights in mma

He let Izzy in his head, Costa had a choice and made his play.

He lost in a bad way (not to take away from Izzy) gonna have to live with that.

Jabs and israel destroyed his leg, what did you want, costa to just rush forward? I don't think you understand how styles make fights in mma

Yes. More of these brawlers need to start blowing their loads early.

Adesanya hits a lot fucking harder than his physique suggests.

Back