Anyone super happy for jan as well?

Yes. I didn't buy into Reyes for some reason. I'm hoping Glover is next, he has good enough run for a TS, maybe Maretta vs. somebody for the TS after that. Get LHW back running.

Dudes a sleeper in every applicable that comes to MMA

completely outclassed Reyes to embarrassment

So glad he won, Reyes was looking past him. That fight with Jones have him the impression he was unstoppable, don't think he had the right mindset after that loss.

How can one not be happy for him? He played it very well and fought an elite guy, fantastic win that left no doubts.

Wish him the very best and certainly the Polish will be very proud of him and rightfully so.

All the best to Reyes as well, get back up and fight another day.

JBG is happy no doubt!

Good dude, well desreved.

Jan Champion is born

Yes. I didn't buy into Reyes for some reason. I'm hoping Glover is next, he has good enough run for a TS, maybe Maretta vs. somebody for the TS after that. Get LHW back running.

Jiri KOs them all with ease

Honestly don't care one way or the other. The division is weak af.

Definitely. I personally wrote him off and laughed when he started calling out top fighters. Then he started showing decent cardio and grappling defense. That's when his striking really began to shine. Good fighter.

I haven’t been this happy for a guy winning the title since Bisping and maybe Stipe/DC 2.
Bisping I was absolutely trashed and ripped my shirt in half....so close to that happy.

but stoked for Jan, the guy is a true vet who grinded away without the need for bullshit promotion and let his skills do the talking. Congrats champ.

All aboard the Polish Smesh Machine Train!

jan.jpg
jan-blachowicz-of-poland-celebrates-his-ko-victory-over-corey-in-picture-id1206562122

maxresdefault.jpg

Such a hard working guy, he seems like a very cool dude as well its cool to see the underdog rising to the ocasion. Polish robbie lawler is the man
So fkn happy for Jan!!!

Yes. Sherdog has largely treated him as an afterthought on here for years. They've slept on him for a long time. I'm glad to see him get the belt after such a long career.
Most fans are simple minded. If the contender has a few losses from before, they are donwplayed as not championship caliber.
Jan isn't going to be an invincible champion, so the LHW title is probably going to play a bit of hot potato for a while.
I do wish someone actually won the title from Jon Jones cleanly. Perhaps it should've been Reyes given the nod, so that Jan looks more like the rightful champ rather than the guy keeping Jon Jones seat warm.

I was not expecting him to win but definitely very happy for him. Seems like a very genuinely nice and likeable guy, and cool to see somebody win their first Ufc belt at 37, after being written off.

I've liked Jan since the Gus fight.
Became a much bigger fan after the Rockhold fight.
I hope he wins against Santos and Jiri.

Back