Media Dana White says that Covington vs Masvidal is more likely to be booked than Masvidal/Diaz 2

<mma4>

Good fight. You gotta favor Colby but Mas is always dangerous. If you're not careful with him you could get Askrened.

Cool, glad this fight can finally be made. Hopefully we get a fun fight.

I see another Usman Style loss for Mas here. He’s on his way out and Colby is on his way back up.

My prediction : Masvidal TKO 2nd round.

Masvidal's grappling is super underrated, he took the Usman's fight on short notice, was out of shape, fat, cut a lot of weight, and still took 0 damage from usman, was barely taken down and control by Usman.

Colby on the other side is very overestimated, all his last wins are against clear out of prime fighters, his grappling and striking are still quite average, even though his wrestling is elite.

Reactions: Ruv
It's going to be a competitive fight on paper. Good shit from Uncle Fester.

Colby on the other side is very overestimated, all his last wins are against clear out of prime fighters, his grappling and striking are still quite average, even though his wrestling is elite.

I disagree completely. If anything, I would say that Covington is UNDERRATED.

Covington is 1-0 against Woodley (the former UFC Welterweight World Champion).

Covington is 1-0 against Lawler (the former UFC Welterweight World Champion).

Colby Covington is 1-0 against Rafael dos Anjos (the former UFC Lightweight World Champion).

Colby Covington is 1-0 against Demian Maia.

Colby Covington is 1-0 against Mike Pyle.

Colby Covington is 1-0 against Dong Hyun Kim.

In my opinion, Covington and Masvidal are more powerful than the vast majority of users on Sherdog think that they are.

I'm very excited to see 2 elite assassins in the Welterweight Division mix it up.

I disagree completely. If anything, I would say that Covington is UNDERRATED.

Covington is 1-0 against Woodley (the former UFC Welterweight World Champion).

Covington is 1-0 against Lawler (the former UFC Welterweight World Champion).

Colby Covington is 1-0 against Rafael dos Anjos (the former UFC Lightweight World Champion).

Colby Covington is 1-0 against Demian Maia.

Colby Covington is 1-0 against Mike Pyle.

Colby Covington is 1-0 against Dong Hyun Kim.

In my opinion, Covington and Masvidal are more powerful than the vast majority of users on Sherdog think that they are.

I'm very excited to see 2 elite assassins in the Welterweight Division mix it up.
yep 1-0 against a lot of washed fighters, and against a tiny LW, 0-1 against a prime WW elite fighter though.

What if Colby can’t get the take down so he presses Jorge against the cage for 5 rounds, stomps his feet, and wing short body shots <45>

yep 1-0 against a lot of washed fighters, and against a tiny LW, 0-1 against a prime WW elite fighter though.

Beherit, you're being disrespectful towards assassins that are former WORLD CHAMPIONS.

I'll believe it when I see it. But who knows, maybe Masvidal is not a diva after all and will try to get the WW strap. I'm guessing the winner from Masvidal-Colby will be the next contender (after Burns). And there is no better fight for Masvidal than Colby, if he wants to beat Usman. More or less the same style, Colby is smaller and less powerful, but quicker. Masvidal won't lose that much either in terms of star power, Nate Diva is always there for him, if Colby beats him, he'll go back to money fights. Conor Diva may be in the books as well late next year.

<mma4>

Good fight. You gotta favor Colby but Mas is always dangerous. If you're not careful with him you could get Askrened.
For sure. Colby’s kickboxing is so much better than Askren’s though, so I can’t imagine him just ducking into a takedown with no set up. Fun fight, the build up would be fun too.

Back