Costa Choked...

herra

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Costa choked bad. The moment was too big and the lights were too bright, and he couldn't perform. Very disappointing. On the other hand, Adesanya embraces big moments and never has a bad night under the lights.

Costa choked bad. The moment was too big and the lights were too bright, and he couldn't perform. Very disappointing. On the other hand, Adesanya embraces big moments and never has a bad night under the lights.
I saw it when he walked out. Dude looked NERVOUS. Nothing like the guy who walked down Romero.
It was kind of bizarre watching Costa throw nothing.

Just a bad matchup stylistically. Same for Dominick Reyes.

He's just not that good

Wins over Hall, Hendricks, Bamgbose, and a dude I can't even remember

His best win was Romero, which is a great win, but many people thought he lost that fight anyway
Even a draw with Romero means something You're acting like it doesn't mean anything going toe to toe with Romero. Costa is still a legit dangerous fighter he is not gonna be champ but lets not throw him in the trash.

MMA math. Not the greatest fight IQ. Bad plan.

This might be Costas first fight against someone who gameplans against him.
Yoel, Hendricks, Hall and Bamgbose didn't.
Hopefully, a good learning experience for Costa. He looks like someone who will grow from this setback.

Even a draw with Romero means something You're acting like it doesn't mean anything going toe to toe with Romero. Costa is still a legit dangerous fighter he is not gonna be champ but lets not throw him in the trash.
I said it was a great win dammit!

The main event was overhyped after watching his real fighting abilities. He’s a great fighter just not even closest to Izzy’s challenge.

Izzy’s opponents are fighting at his rhythm, afraid of the counter while Izzy’s style is similar to Lyoto’s defensive style. Wait until Izzy fights someone with a strong wrestling base.

FFS, he just got his ass whooped by the better fighter who is also a bad match up.

No's denying that, however he didn't ever let his hands go, try to close distance or anything...Standing on the outside where Izzy can kick and jab him and he can't strike back? You can be outmatched and destined to lose and still fight a bad fight, make the wrong decisions and do everything wrong. He was abnormally tentative, taunted, stood at distance (the worst place to be vs a longer country striker) and got pieced up for 2 rounds before getting knocked out.

Sad thing, pressure fighters who throw in volume like Gastelum and Vettori gave Adesnaya his toughest fights, Costa fucking choked.

The main event was overhyped after watching his real fighting abilities. He’s a great fighter just not even closest to Izzy’s challenge.

Izzy’s opponents are fighting at his rhythm, afraid of the counter while Izzy’s style is similar to Lyoto’s defensive style. Wait until Izzy fights someone with a strong wrestling base.
He fought and beat Gastelum. Which was his toughest fight to date.

It certainly does mean something and was impressive but aside from that he hasn't really done much. People on here were calling Izzy an overrated hype job and saying Costa would smash him, pretty clear who the real hype job was.

Yep, even before the fight when they showed him dude looked tired. Had bags under his eyes too. He was probably cracking under the pressure. Really disappointed.

He could have fought a better fight imo but yea he choked...

Hahahaha He got smashed by a far superior fighter who is a stylistic nightmare for a guy with horrific footwork and a limited striking arsenal.

Said he was tailor made for Izzy and the Costa fans called me stupid.

Hilarious

Lol he danced more in the 1st round than Adesanya in his entire dancing career. Costa went full Ricky Martin on us

He's just not that good

Wins over Hall, Hendricks, Bamgbose, and a dude I can't even remember

His best win was Romero, which is a great win, but many people thought he lost that fight anyway

I just can't believe he didn't check those leg kicks
he didn't let go of his punches either, I was expecting in the pocket bodyshots, pathetic

No's denying that, however he didn't ever let his hands go, try to close distance or anything...Standing on the outside where Izzy can kick and jab him and he can't strike back? You can be outmatched and destined to lose and still fight a bad fight, make the wrong decisions and do everything wrong. He was abnormally tentative, taunted, stood at distance (the worst place to be vs a longer country striker) and got pieced up for 2 rounds before getting knocked out.

Sad thing, pressure fighters who throw in volume like Gastelum and Vettori gave Adesnaya his toughest fights, Costa fucking choked.

He couldn't find an opening. Go back and watch, when he tried to turn it up Izzy was outta there and countering.

This is a far different Izzy than the one that fought Marvin and Kelvin always had the threat of being a wrestler. I think he's improved since then as well.

MMA math. Not the greatest fight IQ. Bad plan.

No fight plan would have worked. You guys forget striking wise compared to Izzy, Costa is a newbie.

The only chance Costa had was a punchers chance or grappling. He looked ridiculously out of place in there. That weight cut has to be murdering Costa as well. Time is not on Costa's side in the MW division.

Back