Congrats Izzy - He fought a great fight and executed his gameplan excellent

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
He was patient and waited on the outside and once he noticed Costa is gun shy and not coming in for the kill he started to find success and finished the fight but nonetheless congrats and great fight nothing but respect for that performance..

I hate his persona, but he is good. Getting Anderson vibes from his reign. He's likely going to be at the top a LONG time, especially since there aren't many strong wrestlers in the MW top 10.

Last edited:
He dismantled Costa pretty much...I thought it would be much closer and make it to champ rounds.

Can't say I'm disappointed tho....course for Costa I wanted a better showing just cause both were top shelf.

I hate his persona, but he is good. Getting Anderson vibes from his reign. He's likely going to be at the top a LOG time, especially since there aren't many strong wrestlers in the MW top 10.

I don't have issues with his persona tbh and I think his an o'right dude now that being said Chimaev dethrones him

Damn Izzy clowned costa and beat his ass.

I’m a huge fan for his PlayStation like moves in the octagon,but he does lack a hit of class. Still, I think it’s fair to sY, Hes’s the number 1 in the UFC now. He’s top dog.

Great job, all I would say is that Izzy did what he needed to to made it very hard for Costa while Costa made it very easy for Izzy by just standing there. We knew Costa didn’t seem like the most tactical fighter, but we didn’t realize how multi-faceted his low fight IQ was. The entire theory of Costa potentially winning was that he would get inside the kicking range of Adesanya and force him to box, and then that head movement alone wouldn’t be enough because he’s so good at working the body. Just standing there like a clown was remarkable to watch. Not sure if there’s ever been a fighter who needed to ditch the local weirdo coach more. Such a wasted opportunity.

I hate his persona, but he is good. Getting Anderson vibes from his reign. He's likely going to be at the top a LOG time, especially since there aren't many strong wrestlers in the MW top 10.
Agree, and in more ways than one. Anderson not only had the dynamic striking but regularly had opponents so focused on what Anderson would do offensively that they fought nowhere near their best. On the rare occasion that an opponent just fought his fight you could see that Anderson wasn’t immune to absorbing opposing attacks (Sonnen and Weidman obviously come to mind) but by and large his opponents just stood there waiting to see what Anderson was going to do. When you let someone as good as Anderson or Adesanya lead the dance, you’re doomed.

Izzy is a GREAT fighter but that was anything but a great fight. He basically pieced up motionless mannequin . Wasn't his fault Costa had a panic attack or whatever

Back