Jake Matthews screaming after the bell was embarrassing

No Skill Gap

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Wasn't this kid supposed to be a top prospect at one point? Now he can't even finish the ghost of the shell of Diego Sanchez.

I had no opinion of Matthews going into this fight really, but that's a bad look. Can't even get a finish, had a competitive 1st round, screams after the bell rings. Sorry, but yikes.

Him not keeping the fight standing was a stupid af career move. His corner should have been screaming at him to stand back up

Last edited:
Yeah I chuckled at that.

It was an expected beating of a Diego centuries past his prime, but not world beating scream-worthy. lol

Wasn't this kid supposed to be a top prospect at one point? Now he can't even finish the ghost of the shell of Diego Sanchez.

I had no opinion of Matthews going into this fight really, but that's a bad look. Can't even get a finish, had a competitive 1st round, screams after the bell rings. Sorry, but yikes.
How many threads you gonna make tonight Joshua?

Yea i thought the same, ridicolous..
I don't understand why they put sanchez against matthews anyway, it's a shame honestly.

Fight IQ was the problem there, should never have gone down into Diego's guard.

He's a good fighter with solid athleticism, but maybe needs some better coaching or a bit more patience.

Diego leaving the cage early is what was embarrassing, dudes been doing this 15+ years and can't even be the bigger man and congratulate his opponent.

Lol bro - that fight wasn't competitive. Yeah he didn't get the finish, but he literally won every round easily. Leave the kid alone.

Diego is apparently elite enough for Conor, so I'd argue it's a yuge win for Matthews

He completely dominated diego, what more do you expect? Sherdoggers really has the dumbest and most uneducated takes in the whole MMA community.

You're like fucking Stevie Wonder then. Don't talk shit when you're clearly blind. What fucking fight did you watch?

Yes Diego fucking sucks now, he's beyond washed. He was getting fucking embarrassed by a journeyman capoeira dancer in his last fight. What do I expect? I expect him to fucking FINISH DIEGO because he's a 38 year old flab body rushing in on a straight line with ZERO takedown attempts anymore, oh sorry one.

Instead the 1st round was competitive, yes Matthews clearly won but it was still a competitive, uneventful round. Matthews will go no where in this sport, not bashing the kid but it's obvious. If you can't finish or utterly dominate Diego Sanchez 2019-2020 edition then you suck.

Matthews played it safe for like 75% of the fight against a complete can essentially, and then jumped into his guard instead of going for a finish to lay on him for a safe decision win when he easily could have finished the fight. I won't criticize guys for not finishing at the highest levels, but this isn't that. Diego is just a tomato can with a name on it at this point.

Every opponent is dangerous and Diego hasn't been finished in six fights now.

You sure about that?

6 fights ago:

eskylfzdFma5LSi8J2urSZlaqsdgsT3ZJisKv2nrHkt1epJzIXc3JrhKSKzfA6qg4PVE0-iA5CVjUAl1d9PL7jFMATdNNjxFtbcnxl2t4vPv8b3hLd_tBjyp7VkzfnJwss_k2BS2y230AbjkGgi1o7TOTIiCTVEBzYGcjMKPjhuwju4H

also Diego was going to be finished in his last fight and took a loop hole out

Back