I think it will be a decent fight, but...

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Anyone else not getting the same massive fight feels for this main event tonight? Unsure if my judgement is clouded by Yoel/Izzy or not, i just feel this isn’t going to be the fight everyone thinks it will be.

I see Izzy playing defensive and throwing jabs and leg kicks winning a decision. I really hope Costa would implement grappling but i just can’t see it.

Iggy will dominate and ascend his status tenfold or he’ll get completely slept

It might not be very exciting but I'm rock hard for this fight. Plus, Coach Kav said Izzy in three so that's a wrap. Nap time for Costa

I have same reservations

I don’t blame Izzy but Izzy needs to bring it this fight

I’m getting serious anderson vs maia and Thiago back to back vibes

but I think that’s only cause it scarred me so much

Anyone else not getting the same massive fight feels for this main event tonight? Unsure if my judgement is clouded by Yoel/Izzy or not, i just feel this isn’t going to be the fight everyone thinks it will be.

I see Izzy playing defensive and throwing jabs and leg kicks winning a decision. I really hope Costa would implement grappling but i just can’t see it.

he’s not going to be able to do that because Costa is a pressure fighter that’s prepared to take a shot to land one. I think it will be a good fight whilst it lasts but I also see Costa walking on to too many shots. That’s a dangerous game plan against such a precise, long and skilled kick-boxer. But it’s what he has to do. This is dangerous for Izzy but it’s also a very favourable stylistic match up

I think Costa will come to kill and be killed.
Costa always come to bring the heat.

The problem with Izzy is that from Yoel's fight, we can see that he's pointfighting from range due to a) fear of Yoel's power, b) Yoel doesn't chase him to Yoel's advantage.

The issue with Yoel is that he's aging and his style needed him to reserve enery for chances of explosiveness in that 25 minutes timeframe.

Yoel doesn't follow-up shots when he's having a success for the reason above.

he’s not going to be able to do that because Costa is a pressure fighter that’s prepared to take a shot to land one. I think it will be a good fight whilst it lasts but I also see Costa walking on to too many shots. That’s a dangerous game plan against such a precise, long and skilled kick-boxer. But it’s what he has to do. This is dangerous for Izzy but it’s also a very favourable stylistic match up
I think the matchup favors Izzy more than Costa, but I hope Costa is durable enough to take it.

I think the matchup favors Izzy more than Costa, but I hope Costa is durable enough to take it.

he’s certainly durable. Both guys are. He has to get to Izzy in the first 2 rounds imo. He has very little defence and is gonna get lit up.
I certainly don’t discount Costa though. Any lapse in concentration or over confidence and he’ll be the new champ, no doubt. I just think Adesanya is gonna make this look easier than it looks in paper. Just like the Whittaker fight

I think Izzy will light Costa up on the feet, and then the same people who were saying that Costa would KO Izzy will being that Costa was "tailor made" to lose to Izzy. You watch.

I too would like to see Costa utilise his grappling as that seems his clearest path to victory, however Israel is very elusive and adept at avoiding the ground so I believe Costa will stick to striking and striking from the clinch pressed up against the cage rather than risk getting tired from trying and failing to get Israel to the ground and keep him there.

Nah I'm pretty hyped for this fight , As it will be interesting to see if Costa is the Champ that Many have made him out to be ever since he got the moniker the Natty GOAT or will Izzy continue his reign as Champ .

i think costa will chase izzy around the cage getting punched in the face.

i see izzy on the defence and costa on the offence.

i think costa going to get beat up coming forward. hopefully its a good fight.

but i think izzy is going to play it like anderson used to. bank on the counterpunch

Back