So Izzy fought much much better competition....

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Costa arguablly lost to Romero, well just like Izzy. But Izzy fought much much better competition, it's just bit odd...

Best win for Costa outside Romero, which is a possible robbery, just like Izzy's was, is.....Hall or Tavares?

.. can you imagine getting a title shot literally having fought nobodies...

But that body bro....

Costa is very good though. As good as Izzy, I think. Izzy might be a better striker, but not by a lot.

"Imagine getting a title shot for beating a guy who had just gone 10 rounds with the champ"
What? If not Costa, who deserves a title shot?

Surviving Romero is worth 3 wins, I usually say, You don't win vs Romero, you just survive him.

Also, Cannonier has not fought the best competition either, Branch, Silva, Hermansson and now Whittaker, but with a win over Whittaker, he's the next title challenger.

The MW division went through a generational shift and the old guard is now retired or basically to shot to win.

Just like others have said he completely deserves a title shot. He walked Yoel down and beat him. No one walks Yoel down. Also Romero arguably beat rob in that second fight meaning he was still very much elite at the point that Costa beat him.

It's tough to really break down todays middleweight division. I think THINK israel the goods but not 100% sure. He has gotten better with each fight but I wasnt impressed with K-gas fight, Romero is getting to that age where we'll see a bad loss and nobody should be shocked and whitaker's injuries have taken its toll and i was not impressed with Till fight and Whitaker looked technically " off" in his title fight. I also dont believe that yoel Romero was this unbeatable entity to begin with. Flip side of coin, the talent of Izz looks undeniable. Really looking forward to this fight.....I hope it delivers.

Ever since Rockhold dropped the ball,bisping turned division into a circus and a bunch of welters have come up and had some obvious success- it's really tough for me to put fingers on.

Let's enter bellator for a moment and I'll reference D.Till ( just to put into perspective). This guy gets smashed by mousasi ( who had sucessful run in UFC and' basically ' ran through everyone in his final 8 fight deal in mmas top promotion) and Lima - regardless of weight- 9/10 x or 10/10x. D.Till is currently viewed as a top 5 middle in UFC ( or right near)
I already think izzy real deal but let's see what happens tonight . A lot of questions answered on Costa. These guys have yet to taste defeat so maybe I'm " off".IDK- again ,been looking forward to this one for awhile.

Costa clearly beat Romero ..... MMA fans are so clueless on how to score a fight

TS sounds scared for Izzy

trying to get this fight cancelled

Pretty sure TS has been dropped on his head as a baby. Your incoherent ramblings probably sound better in your head then it does in your threads.

Or maybe you are stupid

Costa clearly best romaro though only because it was 3 rounds and romaro moves away every time costa was hurt in the 3rd round. It’s extremely impressive to go toe to toe with Romero even though Romaro looked like the better fighter. (Due to the fact he should have finished him and Costa barely survived).

costa deserves the title shot but its a bad stylistic match up and I expect him to get destroyed.

Back