UFC 253 The night of upsets

Jarvan

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
logically, israel wins based off his experience, range, iq, and style

logically, reyes wins based off his last outing against arguably the best, his range, choice of weapons

but I feel both will succumb to their opponents

why? because energy

logically, israel wins based off his experience, range, iq, and style

logically, reyes wins based off his last outing against arguably the best, his range, choice of weapons

but I feel both will succumb to their opponents

why? because energy
I agree Jan likely pulls off the upset because he's arguably the better fighter, Reyes having the fight of his life against a Jones who didn't view him as a threat and didn't take the fight seriously not with standing.

Costa however is pretty much tailor made for Israel to score a career defining Anderson Silva like "holy shit" finish against launching him into super stardom. IMO at least but we shall see in 18 hours or so.

Rooting for Jan and Coast. They are underdogs but they are capable of pulling the upset.

I’m actually leaning towards Jan a lot in this fight. I think Reyes is a little to high off his own smell right now coming off of his Jones fight and is underestimating Jan like many others do.
Blachowiz is a tough veteran of many more fights than Dom. I can see him more than capable of pulling off a sub or maybe even catches him.
But that’s my hot take on this fight.

Omg energy, how did we not see this before, thank you Mr scientist

I’m actually leaning towards Jan a lot in this fight. I think Reyes is a little to high off his own smell right now coming off of his Jones fight and is underestimating Jan like many others do.
Blachowiz is a tough veteran of many more fights than Dom. I can see him more than capable of pulling off a sub or maybe even catches him.
But that’s my hot take on this fight.

Yup
Sure Reyes had a great performance against Jones, but he's definitely drinkin his own kool aid right now
Think the humble, focused Jan, with his entire country on his back is gonna smash a hole in Reyes' face

Omg energy, how did we not see this before, thank you Mr scientist

i see you have missed every single interview and press conference the past two weeks

Sanchez will win a decision against Matthews while being old, damaged, undersized, a bit out of shape and a bit out of it.

<DCWhoa>

Chiesa was way too big and strong grappler, so he did what he had to. I’d like to point out that he couldn’t sub Sanchez and did the same to win against RDA.

Matthews won’t be able to wrassle Diego like that and he’s not too big of a threat standing. Diego will do some weird stuff and win via UD.

<30><28>

I don't see why Reyes is favorite, Jan has much better wins and has fought way better guys. Reyes got beat by Volkan, and he blew his wad early against Jones, thats why he lost imo. I'm not convinced, his best win is Weidman who is MW and was on a huge losing streak. Jan has a very good chance to be the new champ I think, and the odds are just weird.

I haven't given Reyes-Jan that much thought, but now that you bring it up I don't see why Jan shouldn't be able to pull this off. Reyes did beat Jones, but I think it had more to do with Jones not performing well rather than Reyes being that much better. Other than that, Reyes does have two decent wins against OSP and Volkan. I don't remember those fights, but unless he dominated them it's not wins that stand out that much. LHW divison has regressed a lot compared to a couple of years ago when you had Jones/Rumble/DC/Gus - all of them in their prime beats someone like Reyes. Jan isn't exactly that great himself but he's still dangerous. Probably still picking Reyes to win this lukewarm fight.

As for Adesanya vs Costa, I wouldn't consider Costa beating Adesanya an upset. Still don't understand the Adesanya hype, he's very good but he's not the second coming and if Gastelum can always TKO him then I don't see why a much bigger (and better) Costa can do the same. Adesanya will be an elite MW for a long time but he's not going rack up that many title defenses.

Back