Vicente Luque vs Chimaev

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This is the correct fight to make.

Luque has never been finished in the UFC, and this is a real test for Chimaev to find out if he belongs in the top 10.
I'm really anxious to find out if Chimaev can bulldoze right through Vicente like he did with everyone else.
Vicente is a very tough nut to crack for most fighters in the Welterweight division.

What do you think?

I would like to see Luque fight someone ranked above him, I think he earned anonther step up.

Have Khamzat fight another great prospect, Sean Brady fits the bill. Also 3-0 in the UFC and coming off an impressive finish.

This is the correct fight to make.

Luque has never been finished in the UFC, and this is a real test for Chimaev to find out if he belongs in the top 10.
I'm really anxious to find out if Chimaev can bulldoze right through Vicente like he did with everyone else.
Vicente is a very tough nut to crack for most fighters in the Welterweight division.

What do you think?
luque will ktfo him

Well Luque fought Randy Brown in his last fight so he shouldn't be picky. Normally.

That fight would be great tho

I would like to see Luque fight someone ranked above him, I think he earned anonther step up.

Have Khamzat fight another great prospect, Sean Brady fits the bill. Also 3-0 in the UFC and coming off an impressive finish.
We don't want prospects killing each other off.

Old lions get fed to new lions.

If they were both close to a title shot i would agree, but fuck this protecting prospects logic. The winner moves forward and the loser would have a chance to rebound.

Luque has more than paid his dues going 8-1 with seven stoppages. He deserves a guy ranked ahead of him, not to play gatekeeper.

Brady vs. Khamzat is a fair fight for both guys and would decide who deserves a step up.

Yeah Luque is getting taken down and getting mauled.

Dont think Luque can stuff those takedown attempts..
if he tries to stop the takedowns with those hands getting low he will get ko'd.

The Chechen Viking seems like a complete machine with brute force in those hands and too powerful for Luque to handle, dont see how Vicente is going to win this one.

Prospects fighting prospects is actually normal in combat sports and a pretty healthy and telling thing in MMA since a few losses on the way up doesn't ruin your entire career like boxing. Having guys kick cans and washed up guys in route to becoming "contenders" feels pretty illegitimate and far from compelling.

Chimaev should fight Magny, Chiesa, Thompson, Neal or Gastelum next at 170 in my opinion. If he wins that, hes 1 or 2 fights away from a title shot.

Dana said he gets a ranked opponent next. Luque is a possibility and also Pettis, Neal, Magny, or Chiesa. All of this are gonna be great match ups for KC. I'm guessing it will be Luque or Magny.

Luque would finish khamzat on the feet easily.

That would be a considerable step up in competition for Chimaev. I couldn’t pick a winner.

My boy Luque has been grinding for a while, always exciting, he deserves a step up. Let him retire Woodley or give him the rematch against the loser of Wonderbitch/Edwards.

Luque deserves better. He just beat two lower ranked guys, let him fight a top 10 guy.

Back