Israel has yet to face an elite Grappler

Beastos

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just realized this...

Now, I don’t think Costa is the guy to submit him, but he might have a chance to TKO him.

anyway, I wonder how good Israel’s BJJ truly is, because NZ is not known for good BJJ/Grappling.

If, Costa fails to beat Israel, I can only think of one guy that could smother him with grappling and that’s Khamzat.

I would also be curious on how well a season grappler like Jacare would do against him. It’s a shame Rockhold has no chin, I think he could also sub him.

If Izzy beats Costa and turns out to have great TK D along with defensive BJJ, I can see him holding that belt for a while...

Think there's a real chance Costa pounds Izzy out on the ground and people are sleeping on him.

Rockhold can sub anyone. I would favor Rockhold to win that match, even with his durability problems. TOUGH matchup for Izzy.
I really hope Costa shoots for takedowns, I want to see Izzy on his back. I don’t think he’s good on the ground

Shit, if the Teh Chris could avoid strikes and get Izzy to the ground, maybe he can even beat him. I just haven’t seen Izzy tested.

I think Romero is prob the only elite grappler he faced (off the top of my head). Except Romero didn’t really show up to fight that night so who knows.
I’m excited for this fight, Adesanya vs Costa. Also Khamzat is an exciting prospect despite all the crazy hyperbolic hype.

To be fair Marvin is a very good grappler he was getting the better of Carlos junior on the ground who's a BJJ world Champion.
Yea, but not really proven and didn’t he just bang with Izzy?

Just another reason why I think Gegard Mousasi matches up so well against Izzy. Great chin, amazing striking, and world class grappling. He also has incredible fight IQ.
Totally forgot about Gegard, he could def give Israel a run for his money.

Because Costa has faced more seasoned grapplers such as the well renowed ADCC absolute 12x gold medalist Oluwale Bamgbose, and who could forget his ground war with the ghost of Pigg Rigg? Not to mention Garreth McLellan who's been quoted by Sakuraba as "his inspiration for getting into fighting".

Both guys are fairly untested given the current state of middleweight, but Izzy is easily the one with the better resume. He also threatened Kelvin with a triangle when he got taken down, so at the very least he's not completely lost there.

Vettori was able to take Adesanya down and had some success keeping him there for a good while...

That fight was a good while back though, and I’m sure Adesanya’s grappling has gotten better since then...

Just another reason why I think Gegard Mousasi matches up so well against Izzy. Great chin, amazing striking, and world class grappling. He also has incredible fight IQ.
I'd say his best days are behind him given his performances in Bellator. Only dominant performances he's had there are the Carvalho and Rory fights, rest have been very hard-fought decisions.

Hate to beat a dead horse, but if Shlemenko can arguably outpoint Mousasi, I don't see why Israel wouldn't be able to do so as well.

Because Costa has faced more seasoned grapplers such as the well renowed ADCC absolute 12x gold medalist Oluwale Bamgbose, and who could forget his ground war with the ghost of Pigg Rigg? Not to mention Garreth McLellan who's been quoted by Sakuraba as "his inspiration for getting into fighting".

Both guys are fairly untested given the current state of middleweight, but Izzy is easily the one with the better resume. He also threatened Kelvin with a triangle when he got taken down, so at the very least he's not completely lost there.
Lol I never said Costa has, also stated that I don’t think he will have success with Izzy on the ground. If he does get past Costa, I would like to see him against an elite grappler that tries to implement his game.

Brunson spent the whole fight trying to grapple
Yea, I was actually talking more about someone like Jacare, Rockhold, Mousasi and even Weidman. Brunson doesn’t mix it up as well and I don’t think he’s got great offensive BJJ either.

Rockhold would beat Izzy. I think people forget just how good rockhold is.

Back