Media Costa training for bodyshots, dropping sparring partner and finishes

• Thread starter Deleted member 571517
  • Start date
Not with those t-rex arms. He'll have a hard time getting inside.

Is he supposed to be dropping his training partners?

I do hope Costa wins though. I also have $10 whole dollars on him. lol
Exactly. Mike Tyson had a hard time in his prime getting sparring partners. Because he would not take it down. And they didn’t want to get knocked out in sparring. Typically you’re not supposed to be trying to take your sparring partners heads off.

Costa Helping out Homeless Guy Helped Him with Rent and Finding Job

Allan Hugo, friend
: He (Costa) is a very simple guy. To this day, he lives in the same house he was born and raised in, even though he could be living a more comfortable life.

Just a while ago, we did not have that good of a life, financially. Money was short. Paulo has even paid for me to compete. He paid for me to compete in the Minas Gerais State Jiu-Jitsu Championship, which was a dream of mine. He didn't say anything about it. He just went there and paid for it anonymously.

He helps people and doesn't tell anyone. I work at the city hall, and I found out once he was helping a homeless person. He studied the guy first, to see if he was messing with the wrong thing. After he realized the guy wanted to change his life, Paulo started to help him. He doesn't give away things, he gives opportunities so the guy can change. He helped him get an ID, and had even given him a roof to sleep under. Paulo rented a house for him and paid in advance. The man even started working at the gym. That didn't last long, but Paulo got him a job at a restaurant.That's the kind of person he is.

Brazilian soccer star Romario said, ''The heavenly father pointed at me and said this is going to be the guy.'' In MMA, we can say he did that for Paulo. Ever since he was young, he has stood out. He's won every championship. I've never seen him lose. And he is a psychopath. He doesn't accept "good." He tells us that "good" is very close to "bad." He wants to be the best.

I already consider him the champion. The guy is a phenom. He amazes doctors. His genetics are completely different. The UFC itself had some doubts. He was drug tested twice in one day. Everyone talks about his striking, but no one has seen him on the ground. We've had great Brazilian champions -- Anderson Silva, Vitor Belfort -- but he is the most complete of them all.

Eric Albarracin Coach Crazy Weed Story

Eric Albarracin, coach: When we first met, I was training him in wrestling. He was watching and he said, ''Hey, I want to learn that move.'' So, I taught him the move, but I said, ''Hey, let's get back to the basics. This is more of a black belt move, and this is only your first week.'' And he said, ''OK, you're right, you're right.''

But then I saw him sparring, and he does the move I told him he shouldn't be doing, and he looks over at me like, ''Oh, man.'' I said to myself, ''This kid is special.''

One thing I'll tell you about Paulo though, whenever I go somewhere with him, the energy changes inside the room. All eyes go on him, and it's not because he's a fighter. It's the way he looks.

I'll give you an example. Now, I had taken a little medicine on this day, some 420, OK? We went to Costco, and we've been in there for about two hours when I'm like, "Wait a minute," -- because I had thought we were going to WalMart. So, we've been in Costco for two hours and I go, ''When did WalMart start selling everything in bulk? Oh God, we're in Costco. We don't have a membership here. They're not gonna let us buy this.'' I said, "Here's what we're gonna do. Paulo, use your accent and just say you didn't know.'' He goes, "OK.'' He goes up, and of course he picks a cashier who is like, 70 years old. And this 70-year-old lady lets him pay, and writes her number on the receipt, with the words, "Come back any time." He came back and said, "We have her number. Now we can come back."

(From the latest ESPN article on the man: UFC 253: Paulo Costa's incredible UFC journey, as told by those who know him
link: https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/29951920/know-paulo-costa-describe-incredible-journey )

Costa Helping out Homeless Guy Helped Him with Rent and Finding Job

Allan Hugo, friend
: He (Costa) is a very simple guy. To this day, he lives in the same house he was born and raised in, even though he could be living a more comfortable life.

Just a while ago, we did not have that good of a life, financially. Money was short. Paulo has even paid for me to compete. He paid for me to compete in the Minas Gerais State Jiu-Jitsu Championship, which was a dream of mine. He didn't say anything about it. He just went there and paid for it anonymously.

He helps people and doesn't tell anyone. I work at the city hall, and I found out once he was helping a homeless person. He studied the guy first, to see if he was messing with the wrong thing. After he realized the guy wanted to change his life, Paulo started to help him. He doesn't give away things, he gives opportunities so the guy can change. He helped him get an ID, and had even given him a roof to sleep under. Paulo rented a house for him and paid in advance. The man even started working at the gym. That didn't last long, but Paulo got him a job at a restaurant.That's the kind of person he is.

Brazilian soccer star Romario said, ''The heavenly father pointed at me and said this is going to be the guy.'' In MMA, we can say he did that for Paulo. Ever since he was young, he has stood out. He's won every championship. I've never seen him lose. And he is a psychopath. He doesn't accept "good." He tells us that "good" is very close to "bad." He wants to be the best.

I already consider him the champion. The guy is a phenom. He amazes doctors. His genetics are completely different. The UFC itself had some doubts. He was drug tested twice in one day. Everyone talks about his striking, but no one has seen him on the ground. We've had great Brazilian champions -- Anderson Silva, Vitor Belfort -- but he is the most complete of them all.

Eric Albarracin Coach Crazy Weed Story

Eric Albarracin, coach: When we first met, I was training him in wrestling. He was watching and he said, ''Hey, I want to learn that move.'' So, I taught him the move, but I said, ''Hey, let's get back to the basics. This is more of a black belt move, and this is only your first week.'' And he said, ''OK, you're right, you're right.''

But then I saw him sparring, and he does the move I told him he shouldn't be doing, and he looks over at me like, ''Oh, man.'' I said to myself, ''This kid is special.''

One thing I'll tell you about Paulo though, whenever I go somewhere with him, the energy changes inside the room. All eyes go on him, and it's not because he's a fighter. It's the way he looks.

I'll give you an example. Now, I had taken a little medicine on this day, some 420, OK? We went to Costco, and we've been in there for about two hours when I'm like, "Wait a minute," -- because I had thought we were going to WalMart. So, we've been in Costco for two hours and I go, ''When did WalMart start selling everything in bulk? Oh God, we're in Costco. We don't have a membership here. They're not gonna let us buy this.'' I said, "Here's what we're gonna do. Paulo, use your accent and just say you didn't know.'' He goes, "OK.'' He goes up, and of course he picks a cashier who is like, 70 years old. And this 70-year-old lady lets him pay, and writes her number on the receipt, with the words, "Come back any time." He came back and said, "We have her number. Now we can come back."

(From the latest ESPN article on the man: UFC 253: Paulo Costa's incredible UFC journey, as told by those who know him
link: https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/29951920/know-paulo-costa-describe-incredible-journey )

The more and more I see of him the more I like him. He appears to be an honest, hard working, humble guy .. everything one would want in a marital artist and a champion.

33487872-8760673-image-a-79_1600788931438.jpg

Not with those t-rex arms. He'll have a hard time getting inside.
T-rex arms is a stretch. He's proportional, just shorter. Plus, that's what makes this matchup so intriguing. Can Adesanya piece him up from distance or can Costa land bombs inside. Exciting fight!

Costas body shots are def the x factor in this fight. No one has really gone to them much against Izzy and theyre def open

Costa has some nasty body kicks too

Smart gameplan. Go for heavy leg kicks and body shots, instead of head hunting, because Adesanya has good head movements but his legs and body are exposed.

T-rex arms is a stretch. He's proportional, just shorter. Plus, that's what makes this matchup so intriguing. Can Adesanya piece him up from distance or can Costa land bombs inside. Exciting fight!
His arms are kinda short. Looks almost like artem arms

Costa is a bad man ! I think he takes it with his pressure...

Back