Paulo is going to destroy Israel

Azeroth Adventurer

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Everyone thinks that Paulo is just a head hunting brawler but people don't even realize that he throws body combinations as well. Paulo walks all of his opponents down and Israel will be no different. Paulo is too powerful and he can't be stopped. He will bulldoze through all of Israel's counter shots and then Paulo will ko him

Its a fight though were if he wins it will probably need to be in dominant fashion, push Israel back to the cage and beat him down.

I think its harder to see him winning a competitive match that goes long.

I just don’t see that happening.

izzy is the better fighter. He will make Paula look like an amateur in the cage.

I think its a fight were both of them are likely at a big disadvantage playing the others game. Beyond specifics of who might be able to impose their game better I give the edge to Israel simply because I can see him winning a competitive fight, a fight were say Costa hustles him for a round or two but can't sustain it were as I'm not sure I can see the reverse happening, Isreal countering from distnce and then Costa taking control.

Reactions: JKS
People are making Israel out to be someone he’s not. If Israel was some master technician who can cleanly dominate elite fighters for 5 rounds with his length, he wouldn’t have struggled against Gas.

There’s no way Israel won’t struggle in this fight, he’s too willing to stand and bang. He’s not gonna just out point Costa for 5 rounds, that’s not his style. Almost every time Israel has gone to decision in the UFC the fight was somewhat controversial, if this fight goes all 5 it won’t be any different.

If Costa fights smart with feints he can win via TKO, if he’s impatient he’ll miss a lot and it’ll be a controversial decision.

Even if Costa wins I doubt he will "destroy" Izzy. Adesanya is a very skilled counter-striker with the height and reach advantage. Costa also doesn't have the best gas tank in the world. If he tries too hard to get the finish in the early rounds then he will gas himself out and Izzy will pick him apart in the later rounds.
I think this is a tough fight for both guys, but I believe that Israel will either get the decision win or he will get a TKO win in one of the later rounds. And still,

Everyone thinks that Paulo is just a head hunting brawler but people don't even realize that he throws body combinations as well. Paulo walks all of his opponents down and Israel will be no different. Paulo is too powerful and he can't be stopped. He will bulldoze through all of Israel's counter shots and then Paulo will ko him
I suggest you go back and watch the Hall fight.

Costa "walking down" Izzy is exactly what Izzy is hoping for and lead body shots against a long, quick, accurate counter striker like Israel are extremely ill advised.

It’s true
Look how he played Israel. He posted only stand training videos and now during fight week he starts speaking about wrestling and BJJ. It must at least play with Adesanya mind

People are making Israel out to be someone he’s not. If Israel was some master technician who can cleanly dominate elite fighters for 5 rounds with his length, he wouldn’t have struggled against Gas.
Strange, because for some reason Israel is statistically the second best striker in the UFC right behind Petr Yan, despite having fought plenty of difficult matchups already.

Izzy's striking defense percentage is by the way also better than Silva's was during his 16 fight winning streak and Gastelum is also a significantly better boxer than anyone Silva has ever faced.

Last edited:
I will be rooting for Costa, but I think that Izzy is just the better striker. I'm having a bad feeling that many people will be disappointed in this fight night. I can't see this fight going to decision. If it goes like that, Costa will take a beating as Gaethje did against Ferguson.

I want to see his pace. COSTA has good cardio for his size but can use a lot of energy while Adesanya keeps him away without using tiring too much. Costa also throws a lot of kicks, well at least in the Romero fight. Will it be be effective against Adesanya? Probably not as much.

Nope. Big Nope. Not happening. Paulo going to be tired by the 3rd round. Late stoppage by Izzy.

If Paulo plays it smart and doesn't just rush in he could win it. I hope he does. I have $10 whole dollars on him.
Yeah I remember when I put down a whole $10 for McGregor to beat Mayweather and felt like I was in Vegas for a moment there.

I have a feeling he will choke, stay on the outside, and go to a 5 round loss

I suggest you go back and watch the Hall fight.

Costa "walking down" Izzy is exactly what Izzy is hoping for and lead body shots against a long, quick, accurate counter striker like Israel are extremely ill advised.

444 × 250

Just saying! Goes both way. People bring up the Hall fight cause he had some success landing his jab. Gastelum had a lot of success in landing on Izzy and walking him down as well. Difference is Hall got finished inside 7 mins while Gastelum had a 2-2 fight going into the 5th and until Izzy landed his power shots in the 5th it was anybodies fight.

Back