Israel's wins vs Paulo's wins

bleeder

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I have no clue how Paulo is sitting at +160 right now with the quality of his wins. He lost in TUF to a fighter with sub-retarded striking iq
His biggest wins are against old men and Urijah Hall, who was jabbing Paulo's pretty face in until he got chin'd. He has a significant reach disadvage against Izzy. I mean I personally love the guy and truly am rooting for him, but who in their fucking mind would put their money on him? On paper there's not a single advantage you can give to Paulo.

Costa was so tired that it wouldn't matter who he fought right there. He has already talked about what happened there on TUF. He was on such a low-calorie diet trying to keep the weight low and instead had no energy for the fights. It was 6 YEARS AGO he was fighting on TUF!

Totally different Costa from what we have seen in the UFC. Maybe you don't know, but he didn't get into the UFC after his fiasco at TUF and only 3 fights into his MMA career was he fighting in TUF. He was not ready and has talked about it in this article. It was a learning experience where he got to taste defeat. Costa after TUF had 5 fights and 5 victories until he got the chance to make his debut in the UFC. During that time he got better and learned from a lot of his mistakes.
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/8/17/20809028/troublemaker-paulo-costa-endless-quest-greatness-ufc

Old men? You mean this old man that made Izzy run around the cage and spam leg kicks for 4 rounds after getting a taste of the old man power?
giphy.gif

Costa stood and traded with this old man for 3 rounds and won a war of a fight, and took this old man's best shots.
EnchantedGorgeousKouprey-size_restricted.gif

This is not to discount Izzy, and he rightfully should be the favorite, but like the posters above said, Costa has constantly improved, and should bring the fight to Izzy.

I have no clue how Paulo is sitting at +160 right now with the quality of his wins. He lost in TUF to a fighter with sub-retarded striking iq
His biggest wins are against old men and Urijah Hall, who was jabbing Paulo's pretty face in until he got chin'd. He has a significant reach disadvage against Izzy. I mean I personally love the guy and truly am rooting for him, but who in their fucking mind would put their money on him? On paper there's not a single advantage you can give to Paulo.

Betting lines are predicated on total amount of money invested in a particular bet.
In this case, so many people (or one person with a ton of cash) are betting that Costa wins that it dropped the line to +160.
If I were betting on this fight, I'd pick Adesanya to win and hedge with a Costa KO.
But betting on sports is a fool's game IMO...I'd much rather invest in the stock market long-term and maybe trade options.

Last edited:

I think a lot of people are betting on who they want to win rather than who they actually think will win. I think the people who were saying that Masvidal would KO Usman were doing the same thing. But I knew all along Usman would 50-44 him.
Of course Costa has a punches chance, but I think that's about it. And still.

Their respective Romero-fights are reason enough to give Costa at least some amount of chance in tonight's fight.
Izzy is the rightful favorite, I have no problems with the betting lines.

Betting lines are predicated on total amount of money invested in a particular bet.
In this case, so many people (or one person with a ton of cash) are betting that Costa wins that it dropped the line to +160.
If I were betting on this fight, I'd pick Adesanya to win and hedge with a Costa KO.
But betting on sports is a fool's game IMO...I'd much rather invest in the stock market long-term and maybe trade options.

Even tesla ain't as exciting as UFC though :)

1. Fighters improve
2. Styles make fights
That second point is a great one.

Styles do indeed make fights which is what makes it so strange to see how many people seem to be picking Costa in this fight when his style is exactly the style best suited for Israel to exploit. On paper you couldn't pick a better stylistic match up for Izzy.

The atmosphere around here is reminding me more and more of the atmosphere leading up to Stipe / Francis everyday and I imagine the result will be the same tomorrow night except it won't take Israel 25 minutes to achieve it.

lol! buying on the coronavirus crash was tho....$$$
#buylow
tumblr_n0flwr6otO1sdqajoo2_400.gif

I had heaps in the markets when it crashed, had to remember don't sell. Started buying as it went down, but didn't time the bottom. Have had Tesla since 2019 though ;)

I got a tonne of bets on tommorrow, including a multi on all the CKB boys to win

1. Fighters improve
2. Styles make fights
1. Do you think Izzy hasn't improved with wins over Gastelum, The Reaper, Brunson, Silva?????????????
2. Isn't Israel's style an absolute nightmare for Paulo???

1. Do you think Izzy hasn't improved with wins over Gastelum, The Reaper, Brunson, Silva?????????????
2. Isn't Israel's style an absolute nightmare for Paulo???

Nobody said Izzy hasn't improved you imbecile.

We are saying that Costa has improved from that 6 year old fight that you are using to discredit him now.

Just reminding everyone that the rightful favorite to win stayed on top.

Back