Sherdog Staff Picks for title fights: 87% Adesanya, 100% Reyes

Osiris3657

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Who-You-Got-Sherdog-Staff-Pick-Em-UFC-253-175310

Man, I didn't realize Jan is being that overlooked. I think he's got a decent chance at the win (that said I'm also picking Reyes).

I also figured a few more people would pick Costa against Adesanya, but if you break down the matchup, it should be Izzy's fight to lose. Picking him as well.

Again though, I think both underdogs have solid chances of winning.

@NorrisB

Better put your money on Adesanya and Reyes. Don't worry your lost money will be still safe in my account but growing

Yeah, seems a little crazy. I've watched Izzy's fight against Vettori twice and still score it for Marvin. I thought Gas was would have won without the 10-8 5th. Different fighters, I know, but it's not like Israel has looked invincible. His fight against Romero could have been scored against him too (should have been a draw), but you can say that for every Romero fight tbf.

I think the odds are fair. I'm not pulling for Israel at all and not because I think he is a bad guy, I simply don't like his style in the cage. I think Costa makes MW a lot more interesting than Israel does. Israel is going to be tough to beat in much the same way Anderson was but I think Costa has a really good chance of pulling off the slight upset.

Jan has a ton of horsepower, not much else to say. See if he can use it to wrap up Reyes and hurt him.

Last edited:
I'm picking Jan. I think he's the more seasoned fighter. Reyes was amazing against Jones, but that doesn't necessarily translate to all fights. I think Jan's physicality will be hard for Reyes to deal with. Should be a good fight though.

<mma4>

It's interesting but at the same time strategy and tendencies can change when competing against other people.

I'm picking Jan. I think he's the more seasoned fighter. Reyes was amazing against Jones, but that doesn't necessarily translate to all fights. I think Jan's physicality will be hard for Reyes to deal with. Should be a good fight though.
Reyes Is either going down as a man that almost defeated Jones, or he’s about to start his own legacy. Should be interesting.

Back