I think Israel is gonna fight “Not to lose” vs Costa for some reason.

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I don’t know, a controversial decision is what I’m thinking where 80 percent of sherdog thinks costa won, but Izzy by split Decision...I hope I’m wrong.

but anybody else get this feeling?

Like he did against Romero?

After this Izzy fought not to lose. It could happen again once he feels the Natty GOAT's power. It actually takes a lot of skills to win by fighting not to lose

giphy.gif

Im not shitting you. Im reading the thread, second time, and Im finding it somehow hard to understand what you meant.

Izzy is hyped, and I think he’ll be in counter-punchers heaven setting up traps for Costa.

Last edited:

After this Izzy fought not to lose. It could happen again once he feels the Natty GOAT's power. It actually takes a lot of skills to win by fighting not to lose

giphy.gif
They cancelled each other out, because Yoel ALSO fought not to lose, but Izzy edged it in his favor due to reach etc...you can’t have two guys fighting not to lose or else it makes for a terrible fight, one guy has to get after it. It’s like counter striker vs counter striker, like they’re both waiting for their opponent to make a move and the fight ends up being a fucking staring contest.

Im not shitting you. Im reading the thread, second time, and Im finding it somehow hard to understand what you meant.
he’s saying adesanya will play it safe and pull what he did against Romero. To be fair Romero typically fights to the level of his opponents and costa is a lot more aggressive, we’ll see.

They cancelled each other out, because Yoel ALSO fought not to lose, but Izzy edged it in his favor due to reach etc...you can’t have two guys fighting not to lose or else it makes for a terrible fight, one guy has to get after it. It’s like counter striker vs counter striker, like they’re both waiting for their opponent to make a move and the fight ends up being a fucking staring contest.

Came here to say the same thing.

I think Izzy will still play it safe but Costa is more likely to keep attacking, unlike Romero, and this will create openings for Izzy to work with.

It's potentially Adesanya's wet dream scenario however Costa still has a puncher's chance.

No

Adesanya will outclass Costa

Things might be interesting in the opening frame while Costa has energy and powers forward

But after the first 1.5 rounds Adesanya will take over

Either 49-46/48-47 clear decision or championship round KO after Costa fatigues
We all know it's not going the distance

FUN part is guessing which rd?

Costa is going to be on him from the start. He wont be able to fight not to lose like the Romero fight. It's going to be fireworks for however long it lasts. I have a feeling it doesn't see a round 3.

Costa’s hype train will be derailed hard tomorrow.

I don’t know, a controversial decision is what I’m thinking where 80 percent of sherdog thinks costa won, but Izzy by split Decision...I hope I’m wrong.

I'm picking him to get a close Dec (maybe a tko if costa starts to get frustrated and starts rushing in even more wildly and gets caught).

giphy.gif
It also takes a lot of arrogance to clearly say you got caught and fought differently afterwards then blame the opponent (this is on the countdown) - After you talked about how you were going to take Romero out.

UFC corrupt as hell.

They (supposedly) pay money to people to corrupt them.

so...you prob right.

this reminds me of Shogun vs Machida. Everyone laughed at a heavy dude like Shogun and his strategy and situation were the same. He brought a couple karate guys and worked a way to KO Machida. So, Costa can KO, but Adesanya has a lot of options. run until round 4 when Costa will be tired and pick him apart or just repeat what he did to Romero risking to get a wave of hatred after that. One thing may be to hard to avoid is scaping Costa's body punches. He has managed to fold stronger guys. He may be able to hurt Adesanya on the first 2 rounds only with body hits and than both will be equally tired on the championship rounds. I would go for the body and take Adesanya to the floor

I will bump if this comes true,
Why? Is there anything unique or ground breaking in your offered opinion? He literally ran and fought not to lose in his very last fight. If you were to say he will KO Costa in two minutes or something that would be a unique bump worthy call

Yes but Yoel turned Izzy into purely a counter striker after that exchange. Izzy wanted to be the aggressor and put Yoel away but after taking that punch he wasn't going to risk it anymore, and thus it became two counter strikers fighting not to lose.

Back