Why does Jorge Masvidal continue to duck?

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
It doesn’t look like the Nate fight is gonna happen so if he really wants the biggest payday it’s definitely Colby. Don’t know why he isn’t campaigning for that fight

He just fought Usman
Colby v Mas would be his biggest realistic fight
I don't think Mas would accept Khamzat

Yea because I'm sure the guy who just fought for the belt is interested in a guy without a single legit win in his division, along with another who doesn't draw the slightest bit of casual interest.

The guy's in his mid 30's and is possibly the biggest routinely active star in the UFC. Nate Diaz is an easy payday and a fight that'll set him right back up for a shot at the belt. The other two guys are all risk no reward for him.

Also, be careful what you wish for with Khamzat. Jorge's one of, if not the toughest single stylistic matchup for him in the division.

Like Nate, Jorge only fights for money now not titles. He's on the tail end of his career and is understandably trying to cash in after finally becoming a star. Fighting Khamzat is all risk and no reward. Colby would just LnP him to a boring decision.

The Diaz brothers, Conor, and maybe an Usman rematch are the only ones that would make sense for him.

Jorge just made Dana beg him to save a card.

He'll do whatever he wants and you'll love it.

giphy.gif

Yeah, just skip over the part where he just fought 2 months ago

Yeah but Covington fought last weekend. So did Khazmat. The only "fresh" guy is Edwards here, everyone else would be fighting at an assumed later date (well besides Khazmat because he's a psycho and one punched his opponent).

Jorge is simply not that good. He's good, but not elite. He knows he will have a hard fight and likely lose to all 3 guys. Why do that when he can maximize his newfound fame with youtube and BMF title fights against Nate Diaz?

I don't blame him intelligence wise, and money wise. But I think it's fair to blame him merit wise. He's not a top 5 WW, he has a paper rank imo.

Yeah but Covington fought last weekend. So did Khazmat. The only "fresh" guy is Edwards here, everyone else would be fighting at an assumed later date (well besides Khazmat because he's a psycho and one punched his opponent).

Jorge is simply not that good. He's good, but not elite. He knows he will have a hard fight and likely lose to all 3 guys. Why do that when he can maximize his newfound fame with youtube and BMF title fights against Nate Diaz?

I don't blame him intelligence wise, and money wise. But I think it's fair to blame him merit wise. He's not a top 5 WW, he has a paper rank imo.
So basically, Colby and Leon and Khazmat want to fight him because he's not that good?

Why are they calling out a guy who isn't in the top 5?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back