Safe to say that we will never see Khabib at welterweight?

Azeroth Adventurer

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have no doubt that Khabib will never fight past 30-0 assuming he wins another 2 fights but I can't help wondering how he would do against the current top welterweights. He's always been adamant about not moving up despite the fans calling for it. I think match ups against Colby or Usman would be great displays of grappling skill and it would be interesting considering that Khabib won't have a size advantage. The only way I could see it happening is if the GSP fight somehow gets made and it's at 170 but I doubt it because Khabib has already said that he'll fight GSP but only at 155

With Khamzat now being in the UFC and fighting at 170, I'd say that effectively closed the door on Khabib ever thinking about moving to 170.

He surely does not want to receive that smeshing.

Khabib a small 155’er

Conor was way bigger than him and he fought at 145 before. Khabib was cutting weight incorrectly before, now that he knows how to do it, making 155 is easy for Khabib

With Khamzat now being in the UFC and fighting at 170, I'd say that effectively closed the door on Khabib ever thinking about moving to 170.

He surely does not want to receive that smeshing.

At this stage I think Khabib is too seasoned and would beat Khamzat

I don't think he will fight there.

Size-wise he's perfect for lightweight, but his reach is very short and would be abysmal for 170.
(In fact, Khabib's reach is even short for most top 145ers.)

Nope he's too scared. Its better sticking at LW where they barely have any wrestlers

Khabib's dad wanted to see him retire in 2017 ... 1.5 years from then. Khabib will likely honor his fathers wishes soon enough.

I don't get why Khabib now needs to prove him self by moving up a weight class to face the champion but some of you are alright with GSP not fighting Silva.

<Neil01>

Khabib is happy being a significant weight-cutter and never proving his skills against even slightly bigger fighters. Leave him be.

I think you'd be surprised.
MV5BMTU4ODUwMDA2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDAwOTc4NzM@._V1_.jpg

lol @ khamzat mentioned in same breath as khabib at this stage in their careers.

If dude didn't have a beard and chechnyan heritage it wouldn't even be mentioned.

zero chance for now unless a Bisping post retirement situation happens for him.

Khabib is going with that GSP strategy of fighting guys he can overpower and then retiring while young before you lose. (GSP lost twice, arguably thrice but you know what I mean).

lol @ khamzat mentioned in same breath as khabib at this stage in their careers.

If dude didn't have a beard and chechnyan heritage it wouldn't even be mentioned.
tenor.gif

I have no problem if he doesn't. The LW title is the one division where the belt has been passed around like a hot potato for years. Khabib has potential to be the Jones/Silva/Gsp of his division but I doubt he will be in the game long enough and he doesn't fight frequently enough.

He’s a bit too small. He would be like RDA at 170. Competitive, but probably losing to elite

where are the threads about the other champions never moving up?

I think its safe to say we will never see Usman at MW

I think its safe to say we wont see Yan at Fw

etc etc

Khabib a small 155’er

Conor was way bigger than him and he fought at 145 before. Khabib was cutting weight incorrectly before, now that he knows how to do it, making 155 is easy for Khabib
Hasn't this been disproved like 10000 times by now? Why do you still spew this nonsense?

Khabib a small 155’er

I think you nailed it.

But I would still love to see him put some Sambo and Judo work on Colby and Usman when they try to cage grapple.

I also think a size disadvantage for Khabib, at least for those two is not such a big deal.... KO's and reach really don't come into play that prominently.

Would pay to see Khabib take them on and don't think it would be boring at all.

Back