People who claim that Rockhold doesn't have a bad chin

ImmigrantMentality

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Something I hear from time to time on sherdog is this narrative that Luke's chin isn't necessarily weak, he just has bad defense. Just watched the Blachowicz again and the guy gets stunned by punches that don't even have that much on them. Do people really think Luke doesn't have a below average chin for an elite fighter?

Stunned with punches before the kick

Then again Jan's left hook while he's retreating wobbled him

You should not be getting stunned by punches like this if you hope to be a high caliber fighter imo

I think its pretty clear by most people's standards that he can't sustain many strikes without at best looking stunned.

Hes been koed badly several times at this point.

Last edited:
It's his recovery that's actually amazing. After getting knocked to living death, he always manage to pop right back up defenceless, like a baby giraffe, to receive the finishing blow.
HonorableCompassionateAzurewingedmagpie-size_restricted.gif

HiddenJollyCorydorascatfish-size_restricted.gif

SeriousWholeAegeancat-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Poor rockhold he used to look to be a long reigning champion.

His chin isn’t the worst, like everyone says it’s more his defense and positioning when absorbing these strikes. It’s like he doesn’t see them coming and he’s squared, which makes him take them flush to the chin.

Hmmmm... I don't remember this being this competitive. In my mind, Blach just steam rolled him, I kind of thought it was just 1 round, too. But Luke did up a decent fight.

Some epic stuff from Blach, though. Man, I hope he gets the belt...

I recall an argument on here where one person said Luke's chin is actually great because he's never been completely out cold. I'm not going to speculate on whether he has a bad chin or not but the argument that took place was hilarious.

He has an average/below average chin at best but it’s more that he fights with his hands down and his chin straight up.

He used to have pretty good defense. Now he has none.

Since the Romero fight his chin is essentially gone and I think that's pretty reasonable. Before this fight I'd also contribute the knockdowns to poor defense.

A fighter with bad defense but an alright chin gets tko'd a lot (Cerrone). A fighter with bad defense and a bad chin gets ko'd a lot (Rockhold).

It's both, his poor defense leaves his shitty chin open for business

Hmmmm... I don't remember this being this competitive. In my mind, Blach just steam rolled him, I kind of thought it was just 1 round, too. But Luke did up a decent fight.

Yea imo Luke could have actually won if he didn't try to grapple so much and gassed himself out

Blach Lives Matter

Saw that fight live in Vegas last year. Jan won me a lot of money as the underdog

Back