#8 Ranked LHW Anthony Smith Outraged By Callout from #10 Ranked LHW Johnny Walker

UFCIsNOTRigged

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/09/anthony-smith-johnny-walker-callout-beat-expletive-out-of-you

"“For whatever reason he wants to fight me, that’s like the third or fourth time he calls me out,”

He probably wants to fight you because you are the only unbooked ranked LHW who he has not fought.

“Maybe I’ve lost two in a row, but I lost to two of the baddest (expletive) on the planet, you know what I mean. It’s different, there’s levels to this (expletive). I’ll fight Johnny Walker if that’s what the UFC calls for, but I’m not going to go out there and call out Johny Walker, that’s for sure.”

Anthony Smith, the #8 ranked LHW, appears to believe he is above fighting the #10 ranked LHW Johnny Walker.

“Johnny Walker is that kind of guy I feel like you just grab a hold of him and do what you want,”

Then why are you not rushing to get in the octagon with him.

I'm surprised Smith is still in the Top 10.
I'm surprised he's still in the UFC. He had a little mini run, but the guy is so up and down, I'm surprised. Hopefully, he can get things going but man, I think he should retire and just consider having a career at the desk. Its not worth getting fucked up like this.

Last edited:
This is actually a great fight. Good opportunity for Smith to get back in the win column against a popular fighter and good opportunity for walker to show he belongs, if you can't beat smith you can't win a belt. Seems like a lot of upside for both.

Smith's personality is as generic as his last name

Smith is one of the only ranked fighters that Walker would probably beat.
Idk, Smith is durable & Walker is not. Smith as a left hook & overhand right, neither of which Walker has any idea how to slip or parry or pull-counter.

Smith should be jumping at this fight to get back in the W column. He probably is behind the scenes I'll bet.

Anthony Smith shouldn't be fighting before March. The dude's taken some serious damage this summer, and with about 150 fights under his belt already, he needs to preserve himself if he wants to extend his career's longevity.

As unlikable as I find Anthony Smith I just think he's much more durable than Walker and should get back in the win column with this fight. Dude should be begging for this fight coming off bad back 2 back losses.

As unlikable as I find Anthony Smith I just think he's much more durable than Walker and should get back in the win column with this fight. Dude should be begging for this fight coming off bad back 2 back losses.

During his last two fights Anthony has shown incredibly poor judgement and walked himself into some nasty shots.We have seen Johnny Walkers elbows put Khalil Rountree and Ryan Spann out cold and it appears Anthony Smith is afraid of becoming the next victim of those loss of consciousness inducing elbows.

With that said, of course Anthony should be begging for this fight to be setup, and it is incredibly foolish for a guy who is barely hanging on in the top 10 to scoff at fighting a top 10 opponent he views as having inferior skills.

Then why are you not rushing to get in the octagon with him.

you can say that about every fighter who ever said stuff like "this guy is easy money/he is not on my level/I am so much better than him"

If easy money, why not make them? Beat him in R1 without taking much damage and get over it.

And many fighters used these words.
Most of them fight once or twice a year.
At least Smith is active, he had 8-9 fights in the last 3 years.
Less teeth, also.

Back