LeBron in MMA would be worse than CM Punk

TimeToTrain

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If LeBron were to get into MMA at any time in his career, he would get annihilated. Sure, he was a football athlete during his high school years and there’s been fighters like Herschell Walker that did good in MMA. Did Herschell prove himself at a higher level? And how were the drug tests at the time?

LeBron is a basketball player and basketball players can’t fight period. Take a look at Shaq, the most dominant force in the NBA of all time. He couldn’t throw a proper punch and was taken down by Barkley.

N28ZNz.gif

Colby vs Lebron in an MMA fight would look like Royce Gracie introducing the world to BJJ all over again but worse. To people saying Lebron has a chance is just based on his athleticism and a possible flying knee KO from his crazy leaping abilities.

I remember a guy once told me his karate instructor told him playing basketball and learning martial arts do not mix. That is because all that jumping and stress to the knees will not form a proper kick.

Lebron’s chances:

basketball-kick

If LeBron were to get into MMA at any time in his career, he would get annihilated. Sure, he was a football athlete during his high school years and there’s been fighters like Herschell Walker that did good in MMA. Did Herschell prove himself at a higher level? And how were the drug tests at the time?

LeBron is a basketball player and basketball players can’t fight period. Take a look at Shaq, the most dominant force in the NBA of all time. He couldn’t throw a proper punch and was taken down by Barkley.

N28ZNz.gif

Colby vs Lebron in an MMA fight would look like Royce Gracie introducing the world to BJJ all over again but worse. To people saying Lebron has a chance is just based on his athleticism and a possible flying knee KO from his crazy leaping abilities.

I remember a guy once told me his karate instructor told him playing basketball and learning martial arts do not mix. That is because all that jumping and stress to the knees will not form a proper kick.

Lebron’s chances:

basketball-kick

His biggest issue is he tends to gas. He's gassed/cramped up before in playoff games.
All that muscle and his cardio is actually suspect if he has to go balls out for 5 straight minutes.

Same reason he would suck at soccer.

He would be a top 10 HW almost instantly, just because the NBA guys like to act doesn't mean they wouldn't absolutely destroy most WW and below fighters with ease and no training.

One elbow from Dwight Howard or Ron Artest would literally put a regular sized man in a coma.
giphy.gif

Greg Hardy just went the distance with the current #6 HW in the world, who is a veteran with a 39 fights lol. Hardy literally has 8 fights.......

He would be a top 10 HW almost instantly, just because the NBA guys like to act doesn't mean they wouldn't absolutely destroy most WW and below fighters with ease and no training.

One elbow from Dwight Howard or Ron Artest would literally put a regular sized man in a coma.
giphy.gif

Greg hardy just went the distance with the current #6 HW in the world, who is a veteran with a 39 fights lol. Hardy literally has 8 fights.......

Ron Artest is crazy, he would've done great in MMA.

I can't imagine in a million years that Shaq could make 265 lbs, he would have a tough time making 300.

Reactions: mkt
With the same training CM Punk had he would definitely do better. Not only is he more athletic but he'd fight at HW which is the easiest division for an inexperienced fighter.
True, cm punk had a solid two years of training in a legit camp before debuting and he was still horrible. That’s why he never played any sports in his youth. Dude is just not athletic. I think Lebron with the same level of training, he could wreck some guys if he can take a punch, that’s the big deciding factor, cm punk sucked, but he could take a punch, he was tough. He just couldn’t throw a punch. But yeah, with the same training I imagine Lebron being able to throw a decent punch of kick, it just depends on how he takes em.

Now you’re pushing it. I will just assume this is overreaction from the Rickson type hype of Lebron.

Reactions: mkt
With the same training CM Punk had he would definitely do better. Not only is he more athletic but he'd fight at HW which is the easiest division for an inexperienced fighter.
When times go by,i think duke roufus is the most overrated gym in mma.look at some of pettis and tyron fights now,they looked like amateur that couldn’t fight at all and one dimensional,granted that they were fighting high level competition but the same could be said about cm punk’s experience level,he literally looked clueless like pettis and woodley when things got tough for them in their fights.he should have went to ATT for example
I remember matt riddle said that punk made a mistake going to a big gym from the first place,I don’t remember the reasons

Back