How do you see the rest of Darren Till’s career going?

Homervanderjaz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He’s now at MW, lost his fight to RW but no shame in that.

However, I can’t see him beating most of the top guys in the division; Romero, Israel & Costa.

I even think some of the guys ranked below him would have a good shot at beating him.

thoughts?

down down in an earlier round but sugar hes goin down swinging

He will be a boring point fighting gatekeeper at best. Bellator gatekeeper at worst. He's not champ material and will never be.
Always happy when gym bullies get what they deserve against real competition.

He used to be an exciting up and comer but that ended after beating Cowboy.

I've seen enough in the Wonderboy, Gastelum and Whittaker fights to lose interest.

He makes fights boring by playing it safe and fighting like he's scared all the times. Not even interested in seeing him fight again tbh.

He wins some fight, he loses some fights, talks a bunch of shit, makes a lot of money, pisses a bunch of people off and makes a bunch of people laugh. Did I mention make a lot of money? Something like that.

He is going to fade into obscurity.

I think he loses to most of the top guys at MW. Probably ends up back down at WW at some point. So many guys move up "permanently" cause the weight cut is too hard, only to come crawling back when they see how much tougher it is to fight guys their own size or bigger.

Probably top 10 for awhile. Maybe another shot at the title if he can put together 3 big wins in a row.

Alot of high level fights main eventing in the UK, some good wins, but will never be the champ. What else you got chin.

After beating Wonderboy I thought he'd never beat someone in the top 8 or so again. Then he beat Gastelum.

That may say more about Gastelum than my hypothesis...but there ya go.

I might be in the minority, but i actually think it's very possible he becomes champ one day. Not by beating Adesanya, but by beating someone else, after Adesanya's reign has ended.

The guy is still only 27 years old, hasn't taken too much damage, is a very good southpaw striker with really good defensive wrestling and already has lots of valuable experience against very good fighters in Wonderboy, Masvidal, Woodley and Whittaker (who he had a very close fight with).

Not good, maybe he can beat Jack but he has been figured out. He has a left kick and a left hand, and that's literally it.

If he had just one or two more tools, he would've beaten Whittaker and likely finished him. I don't see how he's gonna remain at the top for very long, he has a skillset where he can survive or lose decisions but I don't see him finishing top guys.

He was thrown into this division against the very best, and I don't see anyway but down from here. There's still time for him to reinvent himself, but he'll likely ride it out with his thai style.

Back