News Thiago Santos vs. Glover Teixeira scheduled a third time; headliner for Nov 7

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...-light-heavyweight-main-event-nov-7-las-vegas

SIR

Thiago Santos and Glover Teixeira have been booked for a third time.

After two previous scratches, the UFC is working on pairing the two former light heavyweight title challengers to fight – this time, for Nov. 7 in Las Vegas.

Multiple people with knowledge of the situation confirmed the targeted booking to MMA Junkie on Thursday, but asked to remain anonymous as the promotion has yet to make an official announcement. ESPN was first to report the news.

Santos (21-7 MMA, 13-6 UFC) and Teixeira (31-7 MMA, 14-5 UFC) were originally slated to meet at UFC on ESPN+ 35 on Sept. 12. Teixeira tested positive for COVID-19 leading up to the contest, though, which led to a postponement until October.

The matchup was slated again for Oct. 3 on “Fight Island” in Abu Dhabi, but just weeks prior it was revealed the fight had been canceled one more, this time because Santos tested positive for coronavirus.

Santos hasn’t fought since a July 2019 loss to Jon Jones in a bout for the 205-pound title. He was the first in UFC history to take a scorecard from “Bones,” in the split-decision loss but required double knee surgery afterward and has yet to make his return.

Teixeira, meanwhile, is riding a strong wave of four consecutive wins. He beat Anthony Smith at UFC on ESPN+ 29 in May to enter back into the title conversation after losing his first chance to Jones in 2013.

thiago santos has quickly surpassed reyes as the most annoying lhw--

That would be a great fight, I hope it happens. Last title run for Glover, but I have a feeling this will be the end of him as a title contender. They both can bang, but I think Santos has the better chin at this stage of their careers. I like both guys, but will be rooting for the old guy in this one.

if corona can infiltrate your system--what do you think a champ will do?

Sounds like Dana really wants this fight, winner's probably getting a title shot.

This fight is starting to take on a cursed and doomed mystique of its own and getting closer to the Tony vs Khabib never-ending saga :D :D

Don't forget about Alessio Sakara vs. Jorge Rivera.

Today is September 24, 2020. We STILL haven't seen an MMA fight between Alessio Sakara and Jorge Rivera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back