New Ryan Hall Interview

Ryan Hall is a cool cat, I wish it wasn't Lex interviewing him though. Lex talks about stuff he's not truly versed in and it just reads false to me. Like Brian Callum (or whatever his name was) debating MMA with Joe and whomever.
It was cool listening to Ryan's thoughts, he's always well spoken, humble and of course, articulate.

I watched this earlier. Never realized be blinked with his eyebrows and lex is such a Conor fanboy

Nearly 4 hour long interview with no cliffs with a fighter nobody cares about?

Pass
And it won't play for me embedded. But here, I spotted this in the comments

0:00 - Introduction
7:22 - Greatest warrior in history
11:48 - Genghis Khan
17:32 - Nature is metal
21:49 - Cancel culture
36:11 - Sci-fi books and movies
44:50 - Essence of jiu jitsu
51:17 - Jiu jitsu is a language
1:01:12 - How to get started in jiu jitsu
1:14:01 - The value of a good coach
1:25:42 - Lex training with Ryan
1:31:06 - Toxicity on the internet
1:34:41 - Joe Rogan
1:42:25 - Alex Jones
2:07:02 - Donald Trump
2:09:45 - The American ideal
2:17:33 - What does it take to be a jiu jitsu black belt
2:49:06 - Elon Musk
2:57:39 - Fighting BJ Penn
3:04:13 - Conor McGregor
3:12:08 - How to beat Khabib Nurmagomedov
3:16:00 - Top MMA fighters of all time
3:24:41 - Mike Tyson
3:41:13 - Fear of death

I watched this earlier. Never realized be blinked with his eyebrows and lex is such a Conor fanboy
I think that's connected to his tourette's

UFC should give him more fights. Unique approach fighters are fun and enrich mma.

One of my current favorite fighters to watch.

A lot of fighters/fight styles blur together for me and I can't remember 90% of the roster to save my life..... Ryan Hall is not that.

Ryan Hall is a cool cat, I wish it wasn't Lex interviewing him though. Lex talks about stuff he's not truly versed in and it just reads false to me. Like Brian Callum (or whatever his name was) debating MMA with Joe and whomever.
It was cool listening to Ryan's thoughts, he's always well spoken, humble and of course, articulate.

What do you mean? Isn't Lex Fridman a blackbelt in BJJ? I'm sure he's not that casual in MMA either but idk. I'm kind of neutral on the guy.

What do you mean? Isn't Lex Fridman a blackbelt in BJJ? I'm sure he's not that casual in MMA either but idk. I'm kind of neutral on the guy.

He’s an expert in his field and bright, but he thinks it extends to all his interests like BJJ. Dude just has a platform IMO. I don’t hate on him, just don’t value his take on martial arts or MMA.

Hell, as funny and crazy Sherbros can be, there are a lot of WAY more knowledgeable people on these forums. They just don’t wear the gimmicky black and white suit he wears and speak in monotone fashion as if every word is precious and every insight so undervalued.

Some comments he makes about fighting in general just reflect a lack of real insight. I would never say that about other people I’ve come across, even dudes who are not known but truly have depth.

Not to compare the two exactly, but it’s sort of like Rogan (who knows his MMA stuff), he learns something about some topic, uses that knowledge and peddles it like he himself understands it at a complex level then some real expert on the podcast says “Yeah, yeah, sure, interesting.... I can see that.” But yeah, dude is intelligent but speaks of things outside his true wheelhouse as if he has pedigree. He won’t say he’s all that, but it feels (to me) like he’s thinking it.

He’s an expert in his field and bright, but he thinks it extends to all his interests like BJJ. Dude just has a platform IMO. I don’t hate on him, just don’t value his take on martial arts or MMA.

Hell, as funny and crazy Sherbros can be, there are a lot of WAY more knowledgeable people on these forums. They just don’t wear the gimmicky black and white suit he wears and speak in monotone fashion as if every word is precious and every insight so undervalued.

Some comments he makes about fighting in general just reflect a lack of real insight. I would never say that about other people I’ve come across, even dudes who are not known but truly have depth.

Not to compare the two exactly, but it’s sort of like Rogan (who knows his MMA stuff), he learns something about some topic, uses that knowledge and peddles it like he himself understands it at a complex level then some real expert on the podcast says “Yeah, yeah, sure, interesting.... I can see that.” But yeah, dude is intelligent but speaks of things outside his true wheelhouse as if he has pedigree. He won’t say he’s all that, but it feels (to me) like he’s thinking it.
A big part of this is that he is (literally) autistic, like many people in mathematics and neuroscience or whatever his field of expertise is.

Back