Who's going to De-Throne Marty Fakenewsman?

Royhalibut

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Who will take the Throne? Fakenewsman is pretty damn good. Colby is 2nd best right now, and probably won't get a rematch for a few fights. Who do you guys see taking it?

Khabib walks around at 180 and cuts to 155 to fight. He should move up and fight Usman. Would be a great fight.

He’s fundamentally sound, and knows his bread and butter: wrestling. He’s not gonna stray too far from his gameplan. His only knock of course is his striking has regressed with Trevor Whitman.

The guy with the best shot is in Bellator Douglas Lima, Colby is next, and Chimaev of course after another couple fights.

I think Burns can do it.

Leon lost a competitive fight to Usman already (Usman's most competitive fight in the UFC barring the Colby fight). A few adjustments and nothing is to say Leon can't win a rematch.

I think those are the only 2 in the UFC at this moment.

But if you want my honest opinion Lima is the best WW on the planet.

Who will take the Throne? Fakenewsman is pretty damn good. Colby is 2nd best right now, and probably won't get a rematch for a few fights. Who do you guys see taking it?
So we’re using the nickname given to him by the guy whose jaw he broke and was sent running from the arena like the kid who takes his ball home like a crybaby?

Yeah until Colby gets some “git back” that name should be retired. That cracked jaw wasn’t fake news.

Last edited:
Honestly, probably nobody. He's an incredibly tough puzzle to solve for welterweights. He's stronger than all of them and his combination of wrestling and cardio is just impossible to deal with.

Burns probably does have the best chance though, so I'm glad we're getting that matchup. Geoff Neal is a monster who is on the rise, but realistically Usman would probably wrestlefuck him. I actually think Neil Magny of all people would do well against Usman but there's no chance he's ever getting that shot.

If Usman is still champ by next year, I'm going with Khamzat.

If Burns can keep this standing for a good portion and avoid clinching, I think he will beat Usman.

I have a feeling it will look similar to the Masvidal fight though.

I’d like to see Colby against Edwards. Edwards wins all day long IMO.

Edwards can then fight Usman.

Wonderbread is the one that can do it right now. People use mma math and use his fights vs Woodley to discredit his chances, but with Marty he wont have to worry about that power right hand that Twood brought to the table. As long as ST can stay off the fence he can out point Marty. Hes getting up there in age and seems to have lost a step in quickness, but if he wins his next match convincincingly, he can start his bid for a TS and MAYBE take the strap, but i aint gonna lie, Martys style is a bore but goddamn Effective, especially against strikers.
Burns can also do it, i just see experiencie being his major weakness.

Fakenewsman is pretty damn good.
That nickname is embarrassing. It's not clever, interesting, or even insulting. Just the "your momma wears combat boots" of nickname insults.

A guy says it (embarrassing) and then a bunch of other guys repeat it just because the first guy said it (embarrassing^2).

I miss intelligent banter.

Back