panthers defensive end greg hardy vs colby covington

Hardy wins. He is skilled enough at fighting that the size advantage would be too much for Colby to overcome. A large difference in skill overcomes a difference in size to a point, but with hardy being an experienced fighter, he wouldn’t panic or let Colby single leg him and take his back for the choke like most untrained athletes would.

Hardy would maul Colby.. Anyone who says otherwise is delusional

I support Greg Hardy in the UFC but you are dead wrong. Colby is the #1 ranked Welterweight, he isn't a bantamweight, once you are of a certain strength/build size doesn't play as much of a factor. I would pick Colby for the same reason I would pick Usman to maul Greg Hardy; they are the best in the world while Hardy is a newcomer to the sport.

I support Greg Hardy in the UFC but you are dead wrong. Colby is the #1 ranked Welterweight, he isn't a bantamweight, once you are of a certain strength/build size doesn't play as much of a factor. I would pick Colby for the same reason I would pick Usman to maul Greg Hardy; they are the best in the world while Hardy is a newcomer to the sport.

manlet detected

Greg Hard is huge, same size as Juan Adams, who is 3 times bigger than Woodley.

images

images

Probably Hardy, but I don't think it's as clear cut as people think.

I would give Khabib a serious chance of beating Hardy btw.

Yet people are saying Jones will fail at HW because they are too big and hit too hard.

real winner is racial relations on Sherdog.com

Thanks. Legit spit out my coffee onto the computer screen reading this...then scrambled to make an excuse when my coworkers started staring at me. (But, worth the laugh).

Jarl

Most likely, Greg "the inhaler" Hardy would lose by DQ.

Probably Hardy, but I don't think it's as clear cut as people think.

I would give Khabib a serious chance of beating Hardy btw.
You have to be joking, has Khabib fought higher than 155 at any point in his career? Practice is one thing, in a life mma fight Hardy murders Khabib

You have to be joking, has Khabib fought higher than 155 at any point in his career? Practice is one thing, in a life mma fight Hardy murders Khabib

He's fought at 170. It isn't cut and dried that the worst heavyweights in the UFC beat the best of the lighter weight classes.

Well, this would have to take place at openweight, so what's Colby walk at? I'm guessing 190-195, and he would probably pack on a bit of muscle for Hardy, so lets say he's gonna fight him at 200.

Hardy would have at least a 70 pound weight advantage, a six inch height advantage, an eight inch reach advantage, and a big advantage in power and strength, but he would also be at a severe disadvantage as far as cardio, wrestling, striking, and BJJ.

I think Colby could do it, especially in a five rounder where he could really push his pace. But Hardy could definitely beat him too, just on physicality alone. It really depends on how the fight plays out.

Colby's no midget though. He's outgunned physically here, but lets not act like he's Mighty Mouse.

Hardy and it’s no contest. Size and power means something.

Here's prime GSP in a wrestling match against a 275 lb NHL player.

GSP had a really tough time taking this guy down in a wrestling match.

In a match with striking, and if that guy was in the UFC with ~10 professional fights and had been training for 5 years... GSP would have been crushed.

Colby would lose.

Back