Usman vs Colby wrestling

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
Another point which does not get discussed much. Who do you think has the better wrestling between the two? Given the RDA fight, both attempted the same number of takedowns (18) but Usman had double the accuracy and passes and while RDA took Colby down, he could not do the same to Usman.
This is a very interesting point as both refused to wrestle in the first fight. Usman said he was waiting for Colby to start and meanwhile, Colby said he had food poisoning cause of undercooked chicken.

Another point which does not get discussed much. Who do you think has the better wrestling between the two? Given the RDA fight, both attempted the same number of takedowns (18) but Usman had double the accuracy and passes and while RDA took Colby down, he could not do the same to Usman.
This is a very interesting point as both refused to wrestle in the first fight. Usman said he was waiting for Colby to start and meanwhile, Colby said he had food poisoning cause of undercooked chicken.
Most sherdoggers will disagree but I believe Usman has the better cardio.
Combined that with the fact Usman is better MMA wrestler + the harder hitter and I see colby getting finished even sooner than the first time!

Most sherdoggers will disagree but I believe Usman has the better cardio.
Combined that with the fact Usman is better MMA wrestler + the harder hitter and I see colby getting finished even sooner than the first time!
I too believe Usman has the better cardio. He looked far fresher than Colby in the championship rounds.

I too believe Usman has the better cardio. He looked far fresher than Colby in the championship rounds.
That's also the reason colby conceded 2! TD's against RDA in the latter rounds.

Plus Usman works to the body more with teeps and right uppercutts to the body.

Colby is doomed

Usman is taller, heavier, broader, rangier. Skill is nearly equal, but Usman has all the size advantages

Usman, he is bigger, stronger, and more powerful than Colby. That's why I believe Usman would beat Colby 9 times out of 10 imo.

In a collegiate wrestling match I would say Colby, in MMA wrestling I would say Usman.

Usman is just a shit match up for Colby.

Bigger, stronger, hits harder, more durable and most importantly, he can match Colby's cardio, which nullifies Colby's best attribute as a fighter.

Usman is just a shit match up for Colby.

Bigger, stronger, hits harder, more durable and most importantly, he can match Colby's cardio, which nullifies Colby's best attribute as a fighter.
Yep, I think they are pretty evenly matched skill wise, but Usman just has physical advantages that Colby just doesn't have. That's why I don't see anyone beating Usman anytime soon.

Usman's wrestling far more terrorizing in every way.

Usman has the better wrestling but Colby has the better gas tank.

The only thing Colby does better is throwing 3000 soft strikes per round with no damage intentions.

So what I'm getting from this thread is that Usman is like Colby but just a bit blacker?

Back