If costa wins how does it go down? Same for Israel

Mcnugget

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think costa could knock Israel out in the second or third. Imo Israel is very reactionary and cautious early. Costs is scary, I expect a lot of feints from Israel and a lot of bombs by costa That just miss.

israel to me can win if he keeps his range and uses leg kicks to keep costa from executing accurate combos that do damage.

my prediction is costa round 3 TKO. but I am curious what you guys think? especially about Israel leg kicks and costas defense

Costa has (slightly better than) a puncher's chance due to his size & volume striking but Izzy is fast & a great counter striker.

While I want the JBG to smile I think it could end up being a beatdown.

Izzy wins by murking Costa at range & counterstriking when Costa plods forward.

I wouldn't be upset with another outcome tho...

Costa by tko or Izzy by decision
I'd be surprised (& disappointed) if Izzy wins by decision, I think Costa is / will be too aggressive for that to happen.

He took the fight to Romero when Izzy did not. It's likely that Costa will do the same thing again which means we're going to see a different Izzy in this fight.

I'd be surprised (& disappointed) if Izzy wins by decision, I think Costa is / will be too aggressive for that to happen.

He took the fight to Romero when Izzy did not. It's likely that Costa will do the same thing again which means we're going to see a different Izzy in this fight.
Hope you're right

pretty sure costa said he was going to kill israel in the cage so
it will be a rocky 4 style beatdown

otherwise it will be a boring 5 round decision for israel

TO THE DEATH PORRA

I’m rooting for Costa, but I think this fight is a toss up. I have no idea what the odds look like.

If Izzy wins it will be because he overwhelms him with technique and precision. I could see him flustering Costa and Costa not being able to get going, resulting in a round 2 finish.

If Costa wins it will be by walking him down, not getting flustered, and pressuring him. He has to make every strike he lands meaningful, and hurting Izzy every time he lands. I could see a finish inside of 3.

I have no idea who is favoured if it goes into the championship rounds. I don’t think Costa’s cardio will be a problem, but Izzy definitely has the better cardio. I have a feeling the whole fight takes place on the feet, with someone potentially shooting for a desperation takedown if they’re hurt. It should be a great fight.

Althought I'd love to see Costa win by some wicked flurry up against the cage I just don't see it. I wish it, but alas, watching Costa's style, his lack of accuracy and head movement, problems with Yoel in the third due to diminished gas tank + Yoel switching to straight punches, I think Costa is going to get pelted in the face by Izzy's jab. And Izzy is going to work off that jab to put Costa out in the 2nd or 3rd round and "make it look easy." I hope not, but if Costa doesn't develop some Mike Tyson style stalking head movement, bobbing and weaving his way in with a "slip and rip" explosion of destruction I just don't see him beating Izzy.

Adesanya think he is going to fight his usual kickboxing can but costa is big but not a can. He will demolish the skinny bitch and adesanya deserve this hard beating honestly for the trash person he is.

My full prediction:

Costa will wrestle him for 2 rounds. It will start mid 1st round.

Since he's not a wrestler he will gas, but so will Izzy since he's not used to being on the bottom.

So that's 2 rounds for Costa.

When they get up in the 3rd round, it will be close, but the judges will give it to Costa. Izzy will save some energy in this round.

4th round will go to Izzy, he will find his riddum, but he won't be able to finish the fight since he'll be gassed. His punches will be weak. Costa will save his energy in this round, will probably do a last minute takedown so he can rest.

5th round will be a shitshow, they will start hugging and shit, Izzy will do his best, Costa might hit the gas in the end, but overall they won't be able to finish.

So that's 3 for Costa, 1 for Izzy and 1 draw.

One of the judges will be brain dead as usual, he will go with "to win you have to beat the champ", 2 others will ref it correctly, so this is a split decision for Costa.

You're welcome.

Explanation: The reason why I'm almost certain Costa will go with the wrestling approach is cause he knows Izzy will run. He won't be stupid enough to get caught with a counter, he's not an idiot, so obviously he will have a wrestling approach. The reason why he won't be able to gnp Izzy to oblivion is cause he isn't a wrestler so Izzy will probably get up a lot.

Last edited:
Costa's pathway to victory is an early tko finish against the cage. At most, he can take two rounds. He's not winning a decision and if you see him tired in the second, almost guaranteed Izzy by finish or decision.

Costa wins by ground and pound stoppage early on.

Izzy wins by TKO standing 4th or 5th round.

65% chance Izzy takes it.

Costa by TKO or KO or Israel by decision is right. Costa could submit him too actually.

My full prediction:

Costa will wrestle him for 2 rounds. It will start mid 1st round.

Since he's not a wrestler he will gas, but so will Izzy since he's not used to being on the bottom.

So that's 2 rounds for Costa.

When they get up in the 3rd round, it will be close, but the judges will give it to Costa. Izzy will save some energy in this round.

4th round will go to Izzy, he will find his riddum, but he won't be able to finish the fight since he'll be gassed. His punches will be weak. Costa will save his energy in this round, will probably do a last minute takedown so he can rest.

5th round will be a shitshow, they will start hugging and shit, Izzy will do his best, Costa might hit the gas in the end, but overall they won't be able to finish.

So that's 3 for Costa, 1 for Izzy and 1 draw.

One of the judges will be brain dead as usual, he will go with "to win you have to beat the champ", 2 others will ref it correctly, so this is a split decision for Costa.

You're welcome.

Explanation: The reason why I'm almost certain Costa will go with the wrestling approach is cause he knows Izzy will run. He won't be stupid enough to get caught with a counter, he's not an idiot, so obviously he will have a wrestling approach. The reason why he won't be able to gnp Izzy to oblivion is cause he isn't a wrestler so Izzy will probably get up a lot.
Would be interesting see this thing became a ground fight but i doubt it, is not like costa don't believe in his hands and he is right.

Costa by flying omoplata 10 seconds in.
<JonesDXSuckIt>

On the real tho I could see Costa do some serious damage with body shots if he can stay in tight. Against Israel, this is a big if.

Back