UFC 253 prediction - I got Paulo Costa via stoppage early in the first round

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
Adesanya will try to backpedal or circle around alot from early on but I believe Costa will be effective in cutting him off the cage and doesn't give him much space for movement and just put the heat on him and It's hard to sustain Costa's heat which is basically just bombs where every single punch is thrown with bad intentions and to end you.. Adesanya has been KO'ed before and he will get KO'ed again on saturday and won't be neither the last time he will be KO'ed his chin is not strong and has been tested before but just nobody has hit him clean in the UFC but I suspect a glass chin and my suspicion will be proven once Costa connects clean just once.

I don't understand why the whittaker fight changed some perceptions incorrectly. If anyone stronger then gastelum implements kevin Gastelum gameplan his gonna win via KO/TKO.

Gastelum was close to finishing him few times after wobbling him
GlassCircularAmurstarfish-size_restricted.gif

Gastelum had zero respect for his power or abilities and he sure as hell was not a deer in the headlights and the game plan is to go after him from the get go and make it a dog-fight and don't make it into lets stare at each other contest or hesitation game.

and look at this shoot it was not even that hard it was just clean but it still knocked him out
jFhWK6h.gif

Last edited:
I also wouldn't be shocked if Costa gained too much confidence watching the Yoel fight and walks into a sniper shot with great timing and placement.

50/50 fight imo

If you have 100+ fights you will get knocked out at some point. Probability 101.

Put Costa in 84 kickboxing fights, we will see the result!

If the fight ends between rounds 1 and 2, 90% chance of Costa Ko/Tko. The longer it lasts... the worse

I also wouldn't be shocked if Costa gained too much confidence watching the Yoel fight and walks into a sniper shot with great timing and placement.

50/50 fight imo

Costa didn't play hesitation game with Romero he went to war while he didn't care and believed he would KO him but Adesanya didn't play that game and he knew if Romero connected it was over and imho he doesn't trust his chin and he will try to be elusive again and run circle around the octagon

T-Rex arms is gonna run right into a looping left and get buckled in round 1.

I have the same feelings, Costa will at some point stop him on the feet or also KO the soy boy early.

Adesanya will try to backpedal or circle around alot from early on but I believe Costa will be effective in cutting him off the cage and doesn't give him much space for movement and just put the heat on him and It's hard to sustain Costa's heat which is basically just bombs just like Mike Tyson every single punch is thrown with bad intentions and to end you.. Adesanya has been KO'ed before and he will get KO'ed again on saturday and won't be either the last time his KO'ed his chin is not strong and has been tested before but just nobody has hit him clean in the UFC but I suspect a glass chin and my suspicion will be proven once Costa counts clean just once
Israel will beat up Costa right in the center of the Octagon

Last edited:
I don't understand why the whittaker fight changed some perceptions incorrectly. If anyone stronger then gastelum implents kevin Gastelum gameplan his gonna win.

Gastelum was close to finishing him few times after wobbling him
GlassCircularAmurstarfish-size_restricted.gif

Gastelum had zero respect for his power or abilities and he sure as hell was not a deer in the headlight and the game plan is to go after him from the get go and make it a dog-fight and don't make it into lets stare at each other contest.

and look at this shoot it was not even that hard it was just clean but it still knock him out
jFhWK6h.gif
Costa isn't going to threaten the takedown the way Gastelum did so he won't get the same opportunities to land.

50/50 fight imo
This

Although the Yoel/Israel fight was uneventful, Israel had chances to land big on Yoel but just couldn't. I don't know if people realize how defensively sound Yoel is. Paulo does not have the same attributes.

I have a feeling that this fight will be kinda disappointing. It's probably not going to be a war, but a guy trying to chase his opponent while the other guy slowly counters him. If Adesanya loses this, then he is overrated. That's my only scenario. I will be impressed if this fight takes more than 2 rounds, honestly.

To make it shorter: I feel that it's gonna be an one sided beating by Izzy.

Costa didn't play hesitation game with Romero he went to war while he didn't care and believed he would KO him but Adesanya didn't play that game and he knew if Romero connected it was over and imho he doesn't trust his chin and he will try to be elusive again and run circle around the octagon

The OP was dumb but this is even dumber.

As boring as the Izzy/Romero fight was, Izzy saw Romero shelling up and took the easiest path to victory. Romero barely did a single thing that entire fight.

I'll take a guy who is willing to fight smart over a dude that just tries to throw bombs.

Izzy by TKO in round 3 or 4.

its small cage unfair for izzy

Yas Island is using the bigger cage I believe

According to UFC chief operating officer Lawrence Epstein via Yahoo, the UFC will employ the larger 30-foot octagon for all the fights taking place on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi starting with UFC 251 next week. Lately, the UFC has been using a smaller 25-foot cage for shows taking place in Las Vegas at the APEX facility.3. jul. 2020

very close fight, closest title fight there has been in a while.

Will be interesting.......

All nattyGOAT will get the nod (well thats what I am planning to bet on)

Back