How many fights did Marco Ruas have before his UFC debut?

E Undead

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
His official redcord only lists two fights in a 10 year span. Did he really only fight twice in Vale Tudo? Or are there other fights that aren't listed for some reason? I know that Vale Tudo was underground by any means, but there should be atleast SOMETHING, right?

One of my all time favorite fighters, his record really doesn't do him justice. He came to the UFC in his late 30's really at the end of his career and he was plagued with injuries. He had a tone of fights prior in Vale Tudo and others, they were just never added to his official record.

Well, he was the king of the streets, so it had to be at least hundreds.

One of my all time favorite fighters, his record really doesn't do him justice. He came to the UFC in his late 30's really at the end of his career and he was plagued with injuries. He had a tone of fights prior in Vale Tudo and others, they were just never added to his official record.
Are those fights somewhere recorded in any way tho?

I agree btw, been binging the early tournaments lately, he was a technical beast back in the day

Well, actually....not that many fights... After the Pinduka fight, & after he started to cross-train in BJJ, Huas was kindah boycotted & ducked, especially by Hickson...
At one point, right b4 the UFC call, he even thought about retirin´...

On a sidenote, he was the original, modern 'Eaty,Trainy, Sleepy', since his uncle owned a gym.
Seems that his sparrin´sessions were really hardcore... Broken noses left & right....

Back