Rumored With Sodiq Yusuff out, UFC looking to book Edson Barboza vs. Makwan Amirkhani for Oct 10

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://globoesporte.globo.com/comb...l?postId=e904f4c3-649d-44e8-b9c4-7b2c4d953deb

SIR

Sodiq Yusuff is out of the fight against Edson Barboza
UFC seeks new opponent for Brazilian in October 10 event in Abu Dhabi

Sodiq Yusuff is out of the fight against Edson Barboza for an unknown reason. UFC is looking for a replacement to face the Brazilian, who should be kept at the event on October 10, at Ilha da Luta. UFC's plan A is Makwan Amirkhani.

If Barboza were a good striker with decent footwork, he could style on Amirkhani.

But he is and has neither. Amirkhani by submission.

Barboza is hard to take down and Makwan gases. It's gonna be another highlight KO in the 3rd.

Damn. If Burgos styled and beat up Makwan imagine what Edson who should have two wins in his last fights gonna do.

As a Finn go Mak but wont get my hopes up.

If Barboza were a good striker with decent footwork, he could style on Amirkhani.

But he is and has neither. Amirkhani by submission.
If amirkhani cant get him in the first round he's fucked. His gas tank is shite.

I like Amirkhani, but this is a tough fight for him. Barboza is going to control distance and stop the TD and pick Makwan apart, if he's smart.

If he goes to the ground with Amirkhani, he's in a lot of trouble.

I say Barboza by UD or 3rd round TKO

Amirkhani, really? Pure mismatch, he is going to be fucked up.

Bet your house on Barboza, hands down.
I favor Barboza, especially on short notice, but I honestly wouldn't feel comfortable betting on it. He hasn't impressed me with his takedown defense in a long time and Amirkhani is a pretty good wrestler. I just don't think he has the striking to set up the takedowns, hence why I favor Barboza (just not confidently).

A Barboza showcase fight.

I can dig it. Still dont know how he's making 145 but whatever.

Feel like this is a far less dangerous fight for Barboza, I'm glad .

I favor Barboza, especially on short notice, but I honestly wouldn't feel comfortable betting on it. He hasn't impressed me with his takedown defense in a long time and Amirkhani is a pretty good wrestler. I just don't think he has the striking to set up the takedowns, hence why I favor Barboza (just not confidently).
But Amirkhani is not Khabib, just to remember.

Back