Is Woodley now a journeyman?

Bluehefner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Woodley is never getting that belt back even if he continues to fight.

3 big losses in a row.

in addition to the fact, he’s now fully submerged himself into the victim mentality/woe is me persona.
Completely handicapped mindset.

Reactions: mkt
So when he was the champ he had a winning mentality & now he has a losing victim mentality? Uh huh

He is an older fighter competing against top fighters. What’s going to improve for him? Outside of injury variability, he’s losing physical capacity & it’s not like 38 year old fighters suddenly improve their skills

best case is fight variability helps him win a couple

more likely, he continues to lose & increasingly take beatings in those losses

such is the fate of most fighters at the end of their careers

He has earned gatekeeper status at the very least. And to think, 3 years ago half of Sherdog had him as the WW Goat. Ah Sherdog, you never fail to amuse.

The only reason he was champion is because rory and condit washed up lawler so bad.

Reactions: mkt
He fell in and out of love with mma. Is normal.
He even made a song about it. You should look it up and get "Woke" TS.

So when he was the champ he had a winning mentality & now he has a losing victim mentality? Uh huh

He is an older fighter competing against top fighters. What’s going to improve for him? Outside of injury variability, he’s losing physical capacity & it’s not like 38 year old fighters suddenly improve their skills

best case is fight variability helps him win a couple

more likely, he continues to lose & increasingly take beatings in those losses

such is the fate of most fighters at the end of their careers
Randy couture, Mark hunt, and Anthony perosh would disagree. He has psychological issues, not so much aging ones.

The only reason he was champion is because rory and condit washed up lawler so bad.

No Lawler was tailor made for him and je would have ktfo any version of Robbie. If it was that simple to ko that last everybody would have done it but since that fight nobody managed to do it.

Journeyman, not yet - gatekeeper, yes.

Exaclty, which is why I said if he continues to fight...which I assume he will continue due to his bad financial decisions...he will eventually become journeyman status. I don’t see him pulling off many victories in the near future.

Last edited:
A journeyman is usually a guy that always sticks around but doesn't really do much rankings wise

Wouldn't classify a former champ with multiple title defenses as a journeyman

Back