UFC 253 is Pretty Bad...

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
upload_2020-9-21_12-10-16.png
I mean there is two title fights so there's that but after that what the hell? It seems like whenever there is an anticipated fight (Costa vs Adesanya) they make the rest of the card crap. I mean Reyes vs Jan is okay I guess because it's for the title but I'm not even all that interested in that fight TBH. Seems like fight nights have better top to bottom cards now than main events.

those are 2 pretty BIG fights. but i agree they shoulda made the whole card STACKED with sweet matchups..but that would be too much testosterone considering the top 4 guys . so i understand it

A thinner PPV, I agree. Normally I’d go in with a few buddies but with private gatherings not happening for a while, I won’t be shelling out 70 bucks for this.

on second look--how did the other 3 fights make ppv. they must be REAL GOOD!!

I don't think there has been a card this bad with two title fights on it in a long time. Maybe even ever.

Trash card besides the last 2 obviously

I’ll deff skip every other fight besides co and main

Perfect. Means I can set my alarm for the last two fights and I don’t have to worry about missing anything.

Yeah, pretty top heavy but those top 2 fights are great. Dawodu vs. Tukhugov is decent as well as Sanchez vs Matthews on the prelims just for Sanchez’s nuttiness.
Honestly that fight would be more fitting for PPV IMO then the bottom of the card. Matthews is a young upandcomer and Diego like you said is insane.

Diego Sanchez is on the prelims, I would have bumped him up to main card status because of longevity and name recognition...but yeah. Weak card other than the main and co main. I don’t know who the 6 other fighters on the main card are. I obviously know Izzy, costa, Reyes and Jan, but the other people? No idea.

Bunch of primadonna casuals running loose in here.

Any fight can deliver, and that’s why I watch them all. And in about a year I’ve realized that no matter how stacked a card is on paper. Somebody in here will bitch about it. And the cards that you bitch most about actually tend to deliver the entertainment during the actual fights.

Watch or don’t, but stop whining about it. And we all know 90% of you aren’t paying a single cent to watch no matter what.

It’s pretty good. The 2 top fights are incredible. The rest is kinda weak but excited to see Zubaira in the octagon again.

This is better than UFC 252 imo.

It's tough to say it's "bad" when it has two title fights on it, one of which is anticipated and both are MW/LHW.

It's top heavy is what it is

Eh, it's a decent card. We get two title fights and my boy Kai Kara France is fighting too. Sijara Eubanks is a decent fighter as well. I'm going to be real though, I have no idea who either of the guys who fighting in the opener are to be honest.
<FookIsThatGuy>
But Diego Sanchez is fighting in the prelims, so there's that.

Back