Nick Diaz's finest moment was vs Paul Daley

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
With rumors of Nick's return in 2021 we should look back at the biggest win of his career. Some people may say it was vs Gomi or Lawler. But I thought this was an impressive as Nick as ever been. Threw himself into the fire at a guy who at that point was the best Striker at 170 and beat him down

highlights

The diaz brothers eats powerpunchers..

They are flawed but if you think you're going to knock them out you're in for a bad night..

I love them as they are fighters, not athletes.. i do however understand why people think they are overrated.. the usmans and gsps of the world have very little trouble convincing 3 other guys they were winning a competition for 25 minutes..

Reactions: HHJ
That fight was insane and so awesome. Daley might not be the greatest fighter but he has crazy big SHW power in his hands, he has knocked so many people out cold. Good memories
his left hook is one of the most perfect punches in combat sports. real shame he could never put everything together but you can’t get that good at striking if you train on the ground all day.

His finest moment was his Gogoplata against Gomi, IMO.
I agree that fight was fucking legendary and was in front of a massive crowd, he fought through a broken orbital to eventually get the gogo...on Gomi who at the time was considered top 1-3 and was in his prime. The Daley fight was great but not even close to the Gomi scrap.

Lol I don't know what Big John saw but for some reason he gave Diaz plenty of time to work after he got rocked but didn't give Daley the same benefit.

Those final blows on Daley weren't even landing.

Yeah few 170's in history could go blow for blow against that version of Daley like NIck did and actually come out on top. Great and exciting win.

One of my most favourite fights ever. Sure Paul Daley wasn't a top-top welterweight but that dude is undeniably one of the most dangerous strikers at 170, and Nick actually beat him at his own game standing up and finished him on the feet. Which is absolutely crazy, considering Daley has 33 knockouts in 41 wins, and Nick is the only guy ever that finished him with strikes.

Ts must be a casual..
lol. i’ve probably forgotten more mma than you will ever know

yeah gomi win was fun. thought nick kinda just outlasted him there tbh and gomi had problems with his size. good win though

lawler was a good win

but I thought Diaz at that point vs Daley was fighting the best striker at 170 and at that point Daley knew what Diaz was about. He wasn’t an unknown entity like vs Lawler

puts it over the top for me

Reactions: HHJ
Ts must be a casual..

How so? The daley fight is one of the high point of Nick's career. Sure the Gomi fight is more relevant from a rankings perspective but the Daley fight is etched in MMA as one of many actual MMA fighters' favorite fights.

Anderson Silva was his most impressive victory.

Beating Daley isn’t that impressive, but beating Daley standing is. Super legit win from Nick.

Back