How will you view JBJ’s legacy if he fails at HW?

Beylerbey

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let’s say Jon actually moves up to HW, faces guys with similar dimensions as him, and struggles badly. I’m talking he loses a few, maybe a split decision win here and there, etc. This is quite a realistic scenario as he traditionally does not do well against other tall, rangy fighters. Where will he be in your GOAT rankings if that happened?

He loses a few?!
He was never any good then!!!

He'd still be viewed as a goat in many peoples eyes imo. They'll blame it More on his age than his skill

I can see commentators saying if he had move earlier he would have been more dominant

He will be seen as a fraud.

I would say he will still remain as one of the 3 UFC GOATs, switching to a higher weight class can only be rated positive. This is why guys who are maybe dominant champs in their category but never switched the weightclass will also never become the overall GOAT.

He’s done enough to be goat now and is likely past his prime given recent performances. I loss or two certainly puts him behind GSP without doubt. It really depends on how bad he looks wether he falls below Fedor in 3rd place

205 GOAT and 1 of the Mt Rushmore of MMA.

It depends who he loses to. If he loses to Francis or Stipe, it doesn’t mean much, but if he would lose to guys like Blaydes, Lewis or Volkov, he should go down a few spots in GOAT rankings

I think hw is actually easier since most hw are not as technical

Let’s say Jon actually moves up to HW, faces guys with similar dimensions as him, and struggles badly. I’m talking he loses a few, maybe a split decision win here and there, etc. This is quite a realistic scenario as he traditionally does not do well against other tall, rangy fighters. Where will he be in your GOAT rankings if that happened?
still in the top 5 IMO. defending your belts multiple times is always a more impressive achievement than winning two belts so his legacy as the GOAT LHW will not be affected

Best lhw ever. Not the goat.

If you want to be the goat you need long reigns as champion and multiple straps.

still in the top 5 IMO. defending your belts multiple times is always a more impressive achievement than winning two belts so his legacy as the GOAT LHW will not be affected

There are fewer multi division champions than there are champs with multiple defenses.

What legacy? The guy cheated all the way.

There are fewer multi division champions than there are champs with multiple defenses.
Ask any fighter, winning a belt is easier than defending it. therefore, winning another belt is easier than defending yours multiple times.

Ask any fighter, winning a belt is easier than defending it. therefore, winning another belt is easier than defending yours multiple times.
Of that was the case there would be multiple champs with double belts.

Back