next opponent ofr khamzat would be...

rudel

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
a real test for chimaev would be demolidor, michel pereira, i wonder how he would deal with someone as big and as fast as him, a well rounded fighter vs an explosive, dynamic striker. Pereira is not yet high in the rankings but his potential is more than what his record shows, this is more exciting than maia fight

You mean the guy would lost to a short notice FW? Khamzat would wreck him.

Perereira is a fun fighter but not a serious prospect. Either give Khamzat another up and comer or someone like Chiesa.

Have a hard time seeing Michel win that one.

You mean the guy would lost to a short notice FW? Khamzat would wreck him.

Perereira is a fun fighter but not a serious prospect. Either give Khamzat another up and comer or someone like Chiesa.
I want Khamzat to fight either Neal or Luque because if Khamzat beats them then he is a LEGIT Contender by far

Geoff Neal. I think he's one the worst matchup for chimaev in welterweight. and the fight makes sense ranking wise.

It’s an excellent match up imo but I’d rather they both get built up a bit more.

Khazmat vs Maia

Pereira vs Lawler

I think he is underrated but Pereira is 2-2 with losses to Diego and....Conelly or something? (where did that guy go anyways?)

Maia has been a top 10 guy for pretty much ten years now.

let's be clear, pereira was winning that fight against sanchez, and i think now he knows how to conserve his flashy energy, because his last fight went to distance and he didn't gas himself out. Both are large welterweights, one wrestling based and one unorthodox fighter. as I said pereira's record does not reflect the fighter he is, this fight is a clash of styles

i predict a title shot for Khamzat, potentially by February - it would make sense.

LOL, the guy that got out wrestled by a random Canadian FW has absolutely nothing for Chimaev

I like what you are thinking TS. I haven’t thought about that matchup but I like it a lot now that you have mentioned it.

I don’t care who Khamzat fights next, just want to see him there with someone in the top 15 of either WW or MW.

If Ponzonibbio wasn't injured that would have been hell of a fight and a real test to really tell where khamzat's, otherwise at 170 Vicente Luque or Geoff Neal makes sense and at 185 I would love to see him against Brunson, Shabhazyan, Gastelum, Weidman, he must fight ranked fighters from now, he is to good for the likes of G3M.

I don't care who he fights next, as long as they're in the top 15 and he gets another quick turnaround...

Back