Yup, Cerrone is done

beroisimo**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A legend of the sport who has given us all so much entertainment throughout the years, but he's done both physically and mentally. He says he wants a rematch with Niko, but honestly, I see Niko winning more convincingly in a rematch (yh it was scored a draw, but Niko won that fight).

The guy needs to retire, but we all know he won't. The best thing Dana can do is to give him a winnable fight so he can retire on a high, but at this stage, I'm struggling to see who Cerrone beats 100%. Even the likes of Barbarena and Pereira would give him trouble imo, so it's a tough decision to make for both Cerrone and Dana.

Maybe a fight vs Diego Sanchez would be a good final fight for Cowboy and Diego?

Some things will never be forgotten <Lmaoo>. But I wasn't wrong either, I told y'all that Brunson was an incredibly tricky fight for Edmen.
That thread is legendary now.

Brunson did in fact beat the shit out of him though.

Anyway, Cerrone seems a bit more accepting of the fact that he isn’t firing on all cylinders anymore. I thought he’d beat Niko, but he needs to fight Maia in a double retirement or something.

i think the will is there, but cowboy lost the drive.

I could not agree more but I don't think he will go away even if given a easy fight, actually there is no easy fight for him now a days how much he has declined , but yes like you said a winnable fight, I think he would still not retire , imo he would want to fight even more if he won, ( thinking to himself he still has it ). I think the only way this dude goes away is if Dana cuts him. Hell then he would prob go to another org lol smh. idk dude needs to leave already fr

Cowboy should fight Nick Diaz for his final fight

after next week Diego should fight Maia for both their last fights

I think he did ok. He’s not prime anymore but he’s always been a slow starter. If it’s still fun for him, keep living the dream. He’s also not taking major damage yet.

Look at the names he's been fighting and name one fighter besides khabib, that would win all those last 5-6 fights he had.

Not trying to hate on Conor, but that win hasn't aged well. Atleast he finally admitted he strait up looked for the first way out against Conor. No way does a man go toe to toe with Robbie lawler, then just get melted like that with ease.

I don't know how I feel about a potential rematch against Niko, the younger fighter usually wins the rematch in devastating fashion.

The bombs he took was impressive though. Price was too long and big for him.
He should go back to lightweight.
Far from done, but done from the top 10

A retirement match vs Woodley. The loser retires. So does the winner.

If he comes out the same way in a rematch he’ll get smoked. He should have one of his coaches kick his ass a little bit backstage to wake him up next time.

Not a bad idea..
Maia is bigger and isn't a complete slouch on the feet. He made Silva run hide behind the ref. And Cerrone has an elite ground game. Doesn't matter where it goes, still would be fun.

Cerrone still has skills but he just looked so old and slow in there

Back