So what actually happened to Woodley?

FictionIsReal

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the injury actually was? When I first saw it looked like T wood tapped from a knee on belly as colby was attempting to pass

The same injury Pettis got during the Tony fight.
Nah. Pettis wanted out badly. Even though Tyron is possibly the most garbage human in the UFC, he does seem to handle losses okay. Think he was legitimately hurt, but I’m sure the xrays will clear it up for us.

The stoppage didn’t really hurt Woodley anymore than making it to a decision. He got owned the entire fight with next to no chance of matching Colby’s Dragon Energy.

Does anyone know what the injury actually was? When I first saw it looked like T wood tapped from a knee on belly as colby was attempting to pass

T Wood is just a M.A.R.K. A typical snow flake. No heart. Weak always makes excuses. Don't know how someone like him was ever a champion.

He suddenly remembered he was missing his Interview with Yo! mtv raps at his home and screamed "my crib!".

You mean the Poirier fight ?
He’s implying that Pettis faked his inability to continue in the Tony fight (which is agree with), not the actual injury. But coincidentally, i recall Pettis injuring a rib against Woodley too.

It's hard to guess from watching. I don't see the punchs he was taking to the side causing something that would be that painful. Maybe a core muscle injury from torquing during the choke attempt. Whatever it was it certainly was sudden and painful. I would think he felt something pop or tear that made him react like that.

He quit to save face,embarrassment and punishimment that was about to rain down on him for the next 4 or so minutes.

Woodley was completely gassed out and Colby was fresh and ready to put a beating on him. Tyron wanted out several rounds earlier, he just couldn't take it anymore so he quit. He really needs to work out the mental aspect of fighting if he wants to continue. It's easy to call him a coward for quitting but not many people have been in that situation and can say they wouldn't have done the same. However as a high level UFC fighter you can't just quit like that.

Nah. Pettis wanted out badly. Even though Tyron is possibly the most garbage human in the UFC, he does seem to handle losses okay. Think he was legitimately hurt, but I’m sure the xrays will clear it up for us.
Dislike his politics if you like, but this is just a ridiculous statement even by Sherdog standards.

The cat headlined 4 ppvs as a defending UFC champ, lost , will be 39 soon and is now officially a cut below the upper crust of division. A familiar road weve seen from plenty of champions.
Hes not thee goat welter like he likes to say but has had a great career.

Nothing happened to T-Wood.

The cat headlined 4 ppvs as a defending UFC champ, lost , will be 39 soon and is now officially a cut below the upper crust of division. A familiar road weve seen from plenty of champions.
Hes not thee goat welter like he likes to say but has had a great career.

Nothing happened to T-Wood.

Agree, great career. Shared the octagon with Gastleum, Rory, Lawler, Wonderboy, Till, Maia, Usman, Colby and Burns, which is a murders row, and did very well. For for a few years he was IMO the best welterweight in the world (I would actually say co-best with Wonderboy because to me those were both draws), and not many can say that.

Back