Maia is in no way a threat to Khamzat

Azeroth Adventurer

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After reading the recent Khamzat threads it seems like everyone thinks that Maia is his kryptonite. This is ridiculous Maia is about to turn 43 and Khazmat hasn't even entered his prime yet. Maia will not be able to get the fight to the ground and even if he did it's not like Khamzat doesn't know how to defend himself there. Khamzat keeps it standing and finishes Maia imo

I like Maia way too much to hope this fight happens. Give Maia something winnable as he sales into the sunset, don't just make him a stepping stone.
I agree. Maia-Diego mutual retirement fight was a great idea, but now Diego is fighting Matthews, and Maia is apparently on board with being used as cannon fodder. Not that he doesn’t have a chance - it’s just it’s an obvious match-up to get Khamzat a ranked win. Maybe Maia is taking the Koscheck approach - taking any fight he can just to finish out his contract.

Maia can make it interesting, on the ground. But i doubt khamzat would take the carrot

Chimeav finishes him in under a minute

This fight should not happen - maia is old and just a name for younger guys to have on their resume. It's about as relevant a beating Penn nowadays - a legendary name but you'd have more of fight if you fought a punching bag.

I like Maia way too much to hope this fight happens. Give Maia something winnable as he sales into the sunset, don't just make him a stepping stone.
It's so gross and sad how the UFC has treated a legend. We live in a world where the Chael types get cushy ESPN gigs and the Maia's of the world get gnarly matchups against elite monsters.

Back