Why are fighters blamed for being injured?

This is sherdog, they're clearly ducking bro...
W0Fj.gif

It depends.

If they get injured because they are careless and don't train properly. Then yes, they are to blame.

9JOf1nv.gif

It depends if they get injured because they are careless or because of the way they train..

9JOf1nv.gif

beat me to it...was just about to post that and a link to Tony's workout videos that include kicking metal poles and some 'unconventional' methods lol

but seriously...yeah, 'blaming' fighters for being injured is usually kind of dumb unless they are reckless.

Because we listen to their interviews, and they are often talking about overtraining, they wear sunglasses indoors, we have seen videos of them training and using incorrect form, and they train in a room full of other people who can easily fall on their knees and ankles.

They do stupid shit.

They don't want to be injured, either.

You know certain fighters use injury as a ploy to get out of fights, you know that right..?

They don't want to be injured, either.
Pro sports fans (not just MMA in my anecdotal observations) are very fickle and irrational at times. When a fighter gets hurt, a lot of times you hear folks claim that they are scared to fight someone, but I don't believe there to be much truth in this sentiment. Some fighters are more willing than fight injured to others, which sets a precedent that is not reasonable for all competitors.

This is sherdog, they're clearly ducking bro...

You know certain fighters use injury as a ploy to get out of fights, you know that right..?

I'll take Yair for a thousand Alex!

I see this all the time that Yari pulls out bc hes ducking. All I know of Yari are his fights are normally very exciting can you guys shed some light on this ducking stuff? Like how many time has he pulled ou ut of fights?

Don’t they just need a doctor’s note saying they can’t fight? Not exactly hard to get.

I think it’s gamesmanship a lot of times, like Chris canceling on Vitor 2-3 times just to make sure he was de-juiced.

I see this all the time that Yari pulls out bc hes ducking. All I know of Yari are his fights are normally very exciting can you guys shed some light on this ducking stuff? Like how many time has he pulled ou ut of fights?

If their name is Zabit, then all the time for one reason or the other...

Back