WMMA has produced some incredible moments for the sport (Why the hate?)

What is your favorite WMMA fight and can you appreciate good WMMA fights/fighters?

• Total voters

Corn Pop Hombre

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You guys know that you can critique the depth of talent and the lack of technique in WMMA AND also appreciate the truly skilled fighters in the divisions and the exciting fights that they can produce, right?

Kind of a cringe yet also hilarious tidbit, lmao - when Amanda Nunes started connecting on Cyborg me and my girlfriend both started jumping up and screaming (I converted her over to being a hardcore MMA fan and she understood the significance of the fight, GOAT vs GOAT and all) and when Nunes landed that last punch and schlumped Cyborg we just hugged and jumped and screamed in excitement. That shit was lit hahahaha. It was a totally involuntary reaction.

What is your favorite WMMA fight and can you appreciate good WMMA fights/fighters? You get two answers.

giphy.gif

if you want to have a laughter induced seizure -

c382726f842132d06192188763a4a2445a9a9267.gifv

tenor.gif

Happy friday brahs.

I don't hate WMMA. The quality of fights are just so far apart between the top fighters and the lower echelons. A lot of them also lack KO power so there's not that big anticipatory feeling of watch men fight (which explains why HW is exciting)

You have these in the same division. You won't see such a discrepancy in skills in any men's division

EasygoingCleverBeardedcollie-size_restricted.gif

6b0796fd5017d4e627a0b36c977d727e9e5127ea.gifv

I don't hate WMMA. The quality of fights are just so far apart between the top fighters and the lower echelons. A lot of them also lack KO power so there's not that big anticipatory feeling of watch men fight (which explains why HW is exciting)

You have these in the same division. You won't see such a discrepancy in skills in any men's division

EasygoingCleverBeardedcollie-size_restricted.gif

6b0796fd5017d4e627a0b36c977d727e9e5127ea.gifv

yeah i totally agree with this critique

first gif makes me want to pour bleach in my eyes

second gif is beautiful pure technique

I’m a fan of WMMA, but I understand why it might not be some people’s cup of tea. There is a lack of depth and the skill level hasn’t reached the men’s yet. I enjoy it for what it is, two ladies willing to throw down in a cage.

Miesha Tate vs Julie Kedzie and Leslie Smith vs Kaitlin Young 1 are my “hipster” choices lol

I do have to agree with other posters in saying that the talent level doesn’t appear to be as consistent top to bottom as in the men’s. There are some really good female fighters, but not enough to keep up great fights other than the top fighters in each division.

Miesha Tate/Julie Kedzie is my favorite female MMA fight but it wasn't on the list.

Back