Aleksandr Karelin

kungfu_taichi

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
It's all speculation. But you watch Khabib, you watch GSP, you watch DC .... Peak Aleksandr Karelin in the UFC today.

Thoughts?

Nah.

PCF57PW55AK26J3B3M5DIGHLDQ.jpg

Hard to say exactly, but his work ethic was phenomenal. The guy was a force of nature.

It would’ve been the price of the card just to watch him dump Lesnar on his head.

A peak Karelin from back then today would not be able to cut down to the top limit.
He weighed in at 1.3000E+17 picograms (roughly 287lbs) when he wrestled with very little body fat.

As much as this man is the embodiment of the strength of the iron curtain, MMA is a totally different game. No doubt with his work ethics he would be able to develop a striking game, but if you were to rush him, it would most likely not have turned out well.
ak.jpg

I present you Karam Gaber, the gold medalist in the 2004 96kg greco Roman wrestling. He fought old iron head in the New Year's Eve show in Japan in 2004. He thought he could just bully Fujita around. Here's the actual fight.

U
S
A
D
A

But I'm sure he would do well otherwise

Lol he competed in the olympics countless times...., with random testing, Im pretty sure he could get past USADA, like some do in the UFC.

The guy was definitely made in a lab though. Th ultimate unstoppable badass. Something you would see for a final boss for a video game.

He couldn't possibly do worse than Ben Askren.

On a serious note though, Brock Lesnar won the HW belt. If Karelin had a decent chin, he could do some serious damage.

Lesnar was absurdly fast for HW, though. Him being 290lbs just makes his speed that much crazier.

Hard to say. He obviously is a sadistic triple A conqueror,but...can he take a punch,and for how long?

I dont really think about it. If he was meant to be in mma he would have been there. I respect him For his wrestling exploits,which are massive.

Guy retired at almost 900 victories and only 2 defeats.

Would depend on striking and cardio I imagine.

Olympians/former Olympians know how to pass USADA so I doubt that would have been an issue.

U
S
A
D
A

But I'm sure he would do well otherwise

I replied before reading any responses lol.

First one nailed it. Guy was a science experiment. So were Coleman, Randleman, Kerr, Coutere, CroCop etc so fuck it

Back