Chael Sonnen - Potential UFC HOF'er?

• Thread starter Deleted member 510653
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 510653

Think this will happen?

I mean we all know there are some odd selections already in there, and that's no disrespect to any of those fighters or personalities inducted, but there is really no official criteria of what a hof'er is. I personally don't think Stephen Bonner, Mask Lewis or Matt Serra should be in there, or even Don Frye as much as I hate to say it, but if they wanted to put Sonnen in there for being a pioneer in self promotion, would you take issue with that? What "wing" would it even be? Trash Talk Wing? I just had a thought that they might actually do that someday. Not sure they are there "yet" but I can see it happening down the road.

Just make it into the WWE hall of fame already. It’s not going to harm me if people like Jim Miller make the hall of fame. Give these guys who fought multiple tough fights the recognition they deserve. You owe them that after paying them like crap.

Rumor has it, Dana will never let that happen cause Chael weaseled out to Bellator and is still working for them.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2016/9/...to-divulge-full-story-of-his-move-from-ufc-to

This is the most Chael revealed at the time:
Sonnen, a multiple-time UFC title challenger and top draw, would not say whether his departure from the UFC was amicable or not. He referred to his conversation with UFC president Dana White as "interesting."

"You know, Dana is a shark and I mean it as a compliment," Sonnen said. "Some guys are tough. And Dana is a shark. I don't know how else to put it."

I could see Anderson v Chael going into the fight category. Anderson of course will go in the HOF in the modern era or whatever but I assume that doesn’t prevent his fights from also getting in

Bonnar is not in the HOF

His fight with Griffin is in there

And so is Griffin, separately

Like the above poster said, his fight with Anderson might go in

I could see Anderson v Chael going into the fight category. Anderson of course will go in the HOF in the modern era or whatever but I assume that doesn’t prevent his fights from also getting in
I was thinking the same thing about their first fight. It was one of the most one-sided fights ever until it wasn't.

lol at anyone taking the ufc hall of fame serious. It holds as much value & prestige as an elementary school spelling bee trophy.

ufc hof is a joke based purely on how much Dana likes the individual so who really cares

They gave it to a guy that made shirts.
So yes. Of course

ufc hof is a joke based purely on how much Dana likes the individual so who really cares

My original reply was along these lines. But they've loosened a bit. Tito,Shammy and Capn A all in there. He hates all 3 of those guys almost as much a younger Shammy......

Younger Shammy nowhere near getting in

The only guy to ever fought Anderson, Jones and Fedor.
UFC champion and still undefeated!

And he would have been champ if Jones had not cheated by hiding his toe injury. Don't even get me started about Slanderson Shilva's dirty triangle. There just ain't no justice for a brotha from the mean streets of West Lynn.

Yep. He saved the UFC. He started the entertainment era, which Dana is still profiting from.
He should get as much credit as people like Conor, because he paved the way.

I wish the UFC HOF was less biased, or that we had an actual MMA HOF with some credibility.

The UFC HOF is obviously going to be biased to UFC fighters though.

Same reason the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame didn't recognise hip hop acts for years.

Back