Why does Islam barely fight?

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I want to like him and back him as a prospect but he/his team are making it quite hard. Coming off a decision win nearly a year ago he still doesn’t have a fight scheduled. Honestly, he can wait in line if he doesn’t want to keep racking up wins.

Feels like he is fighting at the same pace as Khabib, a guy he is nowhere near.

There are guys in LW who actually want to fight...

Is it really Islam fault no one ranked above him wants to fight him? He,ve been fighting guys under him in the ranking and therefore barely moving up the ladder.

He shouldn't keep fighting unranked guys forever without any gain, so I can understand him sitting out until a worthy matchup

Because everyone is ducking him.

He’s still relatively unknown to the masses, won’t get outgrappled ever, has pretty solid striking, is still improving, has yet to hit his prime.

He’s a high risk low reward matchup for just about everyone in the division.

I want to like him and back him as a prospect but he/his team are making it quite hard. Coming off a decision win nearly a year ago he still doesn’t have a fight scheduled. Honestly, he can wait in line if he doesn’t want to keep racking up wins.

Feels like he is fighting at the same pace as Khabib, a guy he is nowhere near.

There are guys in LW who actually want to fight...

Khabib faced some of the same issues coming up. No one wants to fight these guys.

Called out Felder, Al, Hooker, Kevin lee, all refused to fight him. Hooker now acts like he's above every one because he's top 5. 10 months ago he was barely above Islam in the rankings. Joke.

When Khabib was starting out he was in the same situation and it would still be the same if he wasnt champ. Now people want to fight him, but only because of his belt.

Even if he never loses against all these fighters, punching heads with light weight gloves will eventually break your hands. Fighters only have so many fights in them before the damage begins to erode their performance output. Fight as few as possible, and only the biggest names, and beat them all. Even wait until some get hurt and taken out of your path that way. The Path of the UFC champion is not exactly the Path of the Ultimate Warrior is it? Or should I say this particular part of the evolution of the sport has become somewhat unappetizing.

Even if he never loses against all these fighters, punching heads with light weight gloves will eventually break your hands. Fighters only have so many fights in them before the damage begins to erode their performance output. Fight as few as possible, and only the biggest names, and beat them all. Even wait until some get hurt and taken out of your path that way. The Path of the UFC champion is not exactly the Path of the Ultimate Warrior is it? Or should I say this particular part of the evolution of the sport has become somewhat unappetizing.
Put the bong down Luke Thomas

Islam is too powerful to fight regularly, the most ducked as well....

Makachev is the most feared fighter since Fedor, Silva, LHW Rumble, even more feared than the Mythical UbeReem....

@Ackmed will start furiously mastering himself after reading my post
1fC92.gif

Last edited:
Seems he's having difficulty finding an opponent. Kevin Lee was willing but UFC wanted him to fight Charles Olivera in Brazil. None of the 6 guys above him have anything booked so hopefully they can get something sorted for October.

He's a spoiled brat who has zero relevant wins & even tho he doesnt deserve to be ranked he expects top 10 guys to fight him. Reminds me of Gillespie, they should fight next actually.

"Nobody will fight him, everyone ducks him." Right, an entire weight class full of professional killers are scared of some decision machine who was dropped by a Davi Ramos jab(LOL).

The Islamic fanbase is nearly as bad as the Mcgregorites.

Back