Short documentary of Li Jingliang

fuck that eye-gouger

ufc_221_eye_gouge_li_jingliang_jake_matthews.0.jpg

no offence but who gives a shit about Li Jianglang?

I opened this thread just to say that

Obviously the Chinese fans. Over there he is one of the most popular stars on the roster.

In fact The Leech is crucial to the UFC’s plans to expand in the region. It would be wise to pay attention to him and the other Chinese fighters because the UFC is gearing up to make them all major star in the promotion. Expect them to get huge pushes

that broadcaster is painful to watch (and listen to). who is this joker?

Obviously the Chinese fans. Over there he is one of the most popular stars on the roster.

In fact The Leech is crucial to the UFC’s plans to expand in the region. It would be wise to pay attention to him and the other Chinese fighters because the UFC is gearing up to make them all major star in the promotion. Expect them to get huge pushes
There don't exist 'the Chinese fans'. Not all Chinese fans support him. MMA is a professional, individual sport. Nationality is not highly connected with whom one supports.

There don't exist 'the Chinese fans'. Not all Chinese fans support him. MMA is a professional, individual sport. Nationality is not highly connected with whom one supports.

Well all due respect. You don't know what you are talking about.

And I think you unaware of the UFC's international marketing strategy.

The UFC markets different fighters more heavily based on the language that they speak and nationality.

For example, in their Brazilian broadcasts a larger portion of their media, interviews, specials, vlogs, and etc are centered on Brazillain fighters. In the Russian dub of the UFC embedded often heavily features Russian fighters that aren't even show in the English counterpart of the vlog.

On their social media they have separate pages dedicating to marketing different fighters to different regions. Also when UFC has international shows they tend to stack the card with fighters from that region in order to appeal to fans of that region.

All of this results in some fighters who may not be popular in the United States being notable stars with in their own country. For example, Li Jiangliang has only 12,00o followers on Instagram but on Douyin, a Chinese Social Media Platform, he is closing in on two million followers.

Another example would be Khabib who has a so-so following in the United States but is massively popular in Russia. Russia Today reported that roughly 26 million people — that’s 24 percent of adults — tuned in to watch Khabib’s title fight on Channel One Russia (Perviy Canal), a free TV station in Nurmagomedov’s home country.

How many Americans do you think tuned in comparison?

The UFC is employing this same strategy as it tries to expand in the Chinese market. To do this is, the UFC has built a performance institute in China like the one in Vegas. However the PI in China has a full training staff to help develop a fighters technique along with physical conditioning.

The UFC is essentially training its own team China as way of ensuring a new generation of Chinese fighters can move up the UFC ranks. Every couple of months they hold tryouts at the PI and then they enroll the promising candidates into a PI training class that has a full on curriculum. It's college for fighters.

Right now the UFC has 10 Chinese fighters on their roster their goal is over 75 Chinese fighters on the roster with in the next couple of years.

Right now fighters like Li Jiangliang, Song Yadon, and Weili Zhang are being groomed to become the face of the UFC in China and there are many more to come.

Last edited:
Well all due respect. You don't know what you are talking about.

And I think you unaware of the UFC's international marketing strategy.

The UFC markets different fighters more heavily based on the language that speak and nationality.

For example, in their Brazilian broadcasts a larger portion of their media, interviews, specials, vlogs, and etc are centered on Brazillain fighters. In the Russian dub of the UFC embedded often heavily features Russian fighters that aren't even show in the English counterpart of the vlog.

On their social media they have separate pages dedicating to marketing different fighters to different regions. Also when UFC has international shows they tend to stack the card with fighters from that region in order to appeal to fans of that region.

All of this results in some fighters who may not be popular in the United States being notable stars with in their own country. For example, Li Jiangliang has only 12,00o followers on Instagram but on Douyin, a Chinese Social Media Platform, he is closing in on two million followers.

Another example would be Khabib who has a so-so following in the United States but is massively popular in Russia. Russia Today reported that roughly 26 million people — that’s 24 percent of adults — tuned in to watch Khabib’s title fight on Channel One Russia (Perviy Canal), a free TV station in Nurmagomedov’s home country.

How many Americans do you think tuned in comparison?

The UFC is employing this same strategy as it tries to expand in the Chinese market. To do this is, the UFC has built a performance institute in China like the one in Vegas. However the PI in China has a full training staff to help develop a fighters technique along with physical conditioning.

The UFC is essentially training its own team China as way of ensuring a new generation of Chinese fighters can move up the UFC ranks. Every couple of months they hold tryouts at the PI and then they enroll the promising candidates into a PI training class that has a full on curriculum. It's college for fighters.

Right now the UFC has 10 Chinese fighters on their roster their goal is over 75 Chinese fighters on the roster with in the next couple of years.

Right now fighters like Li Jiangliang, Song Yadon, and Weili Zhang are being groomed to become the face of the UFC in China and there are many more to come.

Should be interesting to see what happens with the marketing in that region with all the recent Dissension with china and the US, and Dana being buddy buddy with Trump.

He will definitely fuck up Danis but McGregor? Lol
I think he wins Mcgregor. Conor isn’t hungry anymore, Li is. Not only that, only time Conor wants to fight at 170 is if he fights a fellow 155er.

I’ll tell you why

Old good guy Neil was coming off a USADA suspension which I suspected was some sorta cardio drug
And he’s old and withered and takes a pounding every fight
Leech usually throws haymakers and his gas tank looked decent too

Easy to talk about fights in hindsight and if they matched up again, I’d still take the leech
He’s still on my ‘fuck you’ list though
I think magny was found innocent in his usada case. Some shit like that.

Back