If GSP vs Khabib isn't made

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
Does Khabib retire after the Gaethje fight or do you think he fights again?

He already made clear Conor's only path to a rematch is to first fight Islam but we know Conor won't do that, so we can scratch that as his 30th fight.

Maybe a Ferguson match?

I can't see him fighting Dustin again, it just won't be interesting enough.

Who else would there be?

I doubt he'll fight any of the guys who are ducking Islam, like Hooker, Oliveira or CDF.

So really, after Gaethje, the only possible opponents before he retires are GSP or Tony.

Mate, Khabib is a pull-out merchant. GSP will not risk training, cutting, etc for someone that’s a pull-out merchant like Khabib. It is definitely not going to be made. So yes, those are good fights for him.

Khabib Bless

Any news on islam's opponent in October yet?

Any news on islam's opponent in October yet?

Not that I know of. He made an IG post joking that both him and Islam Mamedov are a year without having a fight and are soon going to rust

Has it been confirmed that Khabib will retire at 30 fights to begin with? I know there was rumors that it was supposedly in the plans, but do who really know? What if decides he wants to fight a few more years? I remember a month ago everybody freaking out like he had already retired.

Anyways, if Khabib gets passed Justin and is sitting at 29-0 with the possibility of retirement, the only big legacy wins would be Tony or GSP. Realistically Tony probably needs to get another win against a ranked guy, but shoot i’d even rather see Khabib vs Tony coming off a loss as opposed to a Poirier or Conor rematch. Nick fought GSP coming off a loss if I remember correctly. Tony is racing against Father Time as well.

As for GSP, that fight seems so doable yet such a pipe dream as well. Only time will tell I suppose.

He should fight tony especially if tony wins his next fight
It's pretty fucking clear at this point that fight is cursed. First they each dropped out twice and then when they were both finally healthy leading up to the fight a fucking international Pandemic fucked everything up.

Seems this fight will forever remain as the one that got away unfortunately.

Has it been confirmed that Khabib will retire at 30 fights to begin with? I know there was rumors that it was supposedly in the plans, but do who really know? What if decides he wants to fight a few more years? I remember a month ago everybody freaking out like he had already retired.

Anyways, if Khabib gets passed Justin and is sitting at 29-0 with the possibility of retirement, the only big legacy wins would be Tony or GSP. Realistically Tony probably needs to get another win against a ranked guy, but shoot i’d even rather see Khabib vs Tony coming off a loss as opposed to a Poirier or Conor rematch. Nick fought GSP coming off a loss if I remember correctly. Tony is racing against Father Time as well.

As for GSP, that fight seems so doable yet such a pipe dream as well. Only time will tell I suppose.

He said his father wanted him to retire at 30-0. If he wins his next two I don't imagine him not retiring. If he gets a loss in there who knows how it affects his stock in Russia.

He fights Connor again for the pay day to retire with forever

What I mean is even if he doesn't care to retire after 30 fights, I just don't see anyone else who makes sense for him to fight

Lol at thinking khabib calls the shots on who fights who re conor/Islam rematch nonsense.

He calls the shots on when he retires.

If Conor fought Islam, even if he lost, Khabib would likely rematch him. If not, he'll retire first.

If Tony gets a rematch with Gaethje and beats him, Khabib would very likely fight him, even if the GSP fight happens and Khabib wins to go to 30-0.

If the GSP doesn't happen or if Khabib loses, he would likely fight Tony, even if Tony hasn't avenged his loss to Gaethje.

If Usman continues to win and rack up a lot of title defenses, Khabib might very well come back and challenge him at 170, but that could be in a few years.

Does Khabib retire after the Gaethje fight or do you think he fights again?

He already made clear Conor's only path to a rematch is to first fight Islam but we know Conor won't do that, so we can scratch that as his 30th fight.

Maybe a Ferguson match?

I can't see him fighting Dustin again, it just won't be interesting enough.

Who else would there be?

I doubt he'll fight any of the guys who are ducking Islam, like Hooker, Oliveira or CDF.

So really, after Gaethje, the only possible opponents before he retires are GSP or Tony.
If Khabib beats Justin and if he is not fighting GSP then Tony is the fight to make but first thing first Tony should beat Dustin but this fight is still not announced yet

Tony vs Khabib #6 will be made and everything seems to be running smooth. Then, the day before the fight, a giant asteroid will hit planet Earth wiping out all of human existence, leaving Khabib with a record of 29-0.

Tony vs Khabib #6 will be made and everything seems to be running smooth. Then, the day before the fight, a giant asteroid will hit planet Earth wiping out all of human existence, leaving Khabib with a record of 29-0.
29-1 to the asteroid.

Back