Moraes/Sterling should rematch for #1 contender

welcometohavoc

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
It's the only fight that is fair to everyone.

By all rights, Marlon should have gotten the shot against Yan. I get that it was a close fight with Aldo, but he was the official winner and has only lost to Cejudo.

All things being equal, Sterling would be next in line, but its hard to justify Sterling getting the next shot when Marlon has beaten everyone (with the exception of Cejudo) including him

I don’t understand the amount of people that are so butt hurt about Marlon not getting another title shot right now. He got a title shot 2 fights ago and got TKO’d. His next fight was against Aldo, a fight many people think he actually lost. Let Marlon get another win. It’s not like he didn’t get his shot. Aljo has won 5 straight against quality comp. It’s his turn. Marlon vs Sandhagen since Garbrandt is moving down.

I don’t understand the amount of people that are so butt hurt about Marlon not getting another title shot right now. He got a title shot 2 fights ago and got TKO’d. His next fight was against Aldo, a fight many people think he actually lost. Let Marlon get another win. It’s not like he didn’t get his shot. Aljo has won 5 straight against quality comp. It’s his turn. Marlon vs Sandhagen since Garbrandt is moving down.

1) He got TKO'd by Cejudo who not only is not even champ anymore, he's retired. That fight is literally irrelevant now. He won his last fight against the guy who got the title shot
2) Aljo got KTFO by the guy you think doesn't deserve another title shot right now.

Hell no. Marlon can fight for the belt if he wins his next fight. There’s no point killing off a contender.

Hell no. Marlon can fight for the belt if he wins his next fight. There’s no point killing off a contender.

What the hell are you talking about? Aljo has won 5 straight. Marlon should have fought Yan for the title

They've fought once before. The rematch narrative writes itself.

Contenders "kill" each other off ALL THE TIME. That's how MMA works. The top fighters rise and the other fighters fall.

Sterling deserves the shot. Not a title elimination fight.

Sterling deserves the shot. Not a title elimination fight.

How the fuck you guys going to sit there with a straight face and say Sterling deserves a shot over Moraes when Moraes not only beat the guy who just fought for the title, but also has beaten everyone not named Cejudo, including the dude you're pushing to get a title shot.

Moraes made Sterling into a HL. The only fair fight is for them to rematch

Settle down TS the sand in your vagina is pouring out

1) He got TKO'd by Cejudo who not only is not even champ anymore, he's retired. That fight is literally irrelevant now. He won his last fight against the guy who got the title shot
2) Aljo got KTFO by the guy you think doesn't deserve another title shot right now.
Your second point is dumb and childish. A loss should not be held against a fighter forever. Aljo has worked his ass off since then and deserves a shot. Marlon got one already and fucked that up. Just because Henry is retired doesn't mean it never happened lol. Marlon failed in his title attempt, lets get the show rolling.

your stupid ass opinion doesn't matter since Marlon is fighting Sandhagen next, which leaves Aljo fighting for his much deserved titleshot.

Lkw277u.gif

Nothing yo ass can do about it

It's the only fight that is fair to everyone.

By all rights, Marlon should have gotten the shot against Yan. I get that it was a close fight with Aldo, but he was the official winner and has only lost to Cejudo.

All things being equal, Sterling would be next in line, but its hard to justify Sterling getting the next shot when Marlon has beaten everyone (with the exception of Cejudo) including him
Eh, I get where you're coming from, but since he got passed up by Aldo I think Aljo is the deserving contender. Have Marlon fight next.

Why would anyone want to see anything but Aljo for the belt now is beyond me. Would have to be a HUGE fan of Marlon

What the hell are you talking about? Aljo has won 5 straight. Marlon should have fought Yan for the title

They've fought once before. The rematch narrative writes itself.

Contenders "kill" each other off ALL THE TIME. That's how MMA works. The top fighters rise and the other fighters fall.
Contenders kill each other off when it’s necessary. There’s no point in making Moraes vs Sterling unless you’re just a Moraes fan that wants him to get another TS. You’re basically acknowledging that Moraes should get another win but you don’t want Sterling to get a title shot instead. Wouldn’t you potentially want Yan vs Sterling AND Moraes? Instead of one or the other. Yan vs Sterling and Moraes vs Sandhagen can both be booked this fall/winter. Winner fights the winner. The division moves faster and you get more quality fights.

Marlon had a Title shot. It's Aljo's turn.

Nope, Sterling should get a title shot.

Marlon had a Title shot. It's Aljo's turn.

lol this isn't kindergarten. Title shots aren't toys with allocated time slots . You get what you earn. And Marlon has a better claim to a title shot. Simple as that

So, make a healthy & willing to fight champion in Yan sit on the sidelines until spring 2021? Yan vs Aljo on a stacked December ppv makes all the sense. Usman, 205 title fight, Zhang, Volk, Nunes all should be ready by December/January.

They all sound alike I bet it's one Marlon stan.
Saying Henry retired so his ko doesn't count. Heights of stupidity.

Back