The Chris/Rockhold rematch. It's time.

MGS

RIP Queen (AV Dakota Skye)
@red
Reaction score
I've been wanting this rematch for years. First because I really like both guys and not because I think one is better than the other. It was such a great stylistic matchup, and ended in a very entertaining fight. Now that both are, let's say it, not in their prime anymore, it's now or never for a rematch.

Rockhold has hinted a comeback " the itch is back " and Weidman just won back his confidence (kind of). That's the fight I want to see, no leapfrogging the rankings, no superfight, just a match that make sense. Yes? No?

Nah, one of them will end up viciously KO'd. I rather not see that. These guys can't afford another CTE inducing KO

Yes im down. I think Rockhold wrecks him again though

I believe Rockhold would blast Chris into another dimension of CTE

Rockhold destroys him.
That's a likely scenario, he does have a win over him, and confidence wise, Chris isn't on top of the world right now. But I'd say that Luke chin is far from great and probably weaker than The Chris. Luke coming out of retirement, ring rust. I dunno, that's what makes this an exciting fight

When was the last time these guys KO'd anything? I think it makes sense
Their first fight Luke's chin held up better. At this point after both of them getting Romero'd, i think The Chris's chin is in better shape.

Reactions: MGS
What on earth have you seen from Rockhold in the last 4 years to make you think he destroys anyone?
He destroyed Chris while he was on antibiotics. That's big. If you ever been on antibiotics you know that shit weakens you badly.

Also Rockholds skills/physical condition are still there. Fighters have just been able to figure him out on the feet. Weidmans skills/physical condition have regressed badly. His decline is way worse than Luke's.

Hopefully a gust of wind doesn’t enter the arena

Rockhold's not a bad fighter per se. His striking defense is suspect though, and the glass chin makes fighting pretty dangerous for him. Weidman on the other hand, straight up looked bad.

the Battle of No Striking Defense. whoever lands first wins.
EdibleInsidiousAnkole-small.gif

Agree and it is one of the very few fights that makes sense and means something for both these guys.

Back